|Date Posted:||Jul 15, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Aug 15, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Procurement and logistics,Civil Engineering,Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 20 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ahdaas Construction Company:
AHDAAS Construction Company is working in Afghanistan since 2002. Ahdaas goal and objective is building a nation of expertise and talented engineers to work with full commitment as a team for the better rehabilitation of Afghanistan with high level of enthusiasm plus competitive improvement of Afghan men and women engineers.
Ahdaas is dedicated to providing quality construction products and services to its customers by maintaining the highest level of safety, integrity and innovation, while remaining environmentally responsible and fostering growth in our employees and communities.
AHDAAS is seeking for the position of Logistics Officer in Firozkoh city of Ghor province to carry out the Procurement and Logistics functions of the Ghor to Herat 11.7 km asphalt road project in Firozkoh city of Ghor province. The position will report to the Senior Procurement and Logistics Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receives and processes all Logistics and procurement requests from the Ghor road project staff.
- Monitor, track and expedite all Ghor-herat road project Logistic/procurement activities;.
- Work with the Inventory Officer to prepare property disposition requests and inventory reports
- Ensure that all logistic files are accurately maintained with both physical copies and soft.
- Review Requests for Procurement from Ghor staff;
- Track the process of purchasing requests from Ghor project staff to ensure timely and accurate completion; provide regular updates to requestors;
- Locate and identify potential vendors and suppliers both domestically and internationally.
- Assist personnel with procurement responsibilities in regional offices.
- Conduct cost/price, quality and past performance/timeliness review of bids received.
- Manage vendor relationships, contacts, and pre-qualifications lists;
- Work with operation in event management, travel and Bookings
- Carry out other logistics and procurement functions as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, or related field. With 4 years of relevant experience in procurement, logistics, and administration.
- Knowledge of procurement regulations required
- Fluency in written and verbal English required. Strong writing skills also required.
- Excellent computers skills, particularly with MS- Office Package.
- Ability to work well in a cross-cultural environment
- Proven organizational and administrative management skills
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships between work units and departments.
- Ability to develop policy and procedure guidelines
- Ability to coach, mentor, delegate appropriately & provide departmental guidance to staff
- Good adaptability and ability to work under extreme pressure
- Proven leadership, teambuilding, & problem-solving skills
- Excellent critical thinking, decision making and negotiation skills
- High level of integrity, independence and initiative
- Strong customer service and ability to work quickly under deadlines
Job Location:Afghanistan, Ghor
Interested candidates shall submit their resumes/CVs along with the cover letter (in 1 Word file) to this email email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the exact job title and vacancy number in the subject line of your email otherwise your application will not be considered.