|Date Posted:||May 7, 2017|
|Closing Date:||May 18, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||27250 AFG monthlyAFG|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF):
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
In this context, MSF is recruiting a Logistic Technician - Construction
Provinces to travel:
- Computer Skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
- Support the coordination, implementation and supervision of building and rehabilitation activities in the project.
- Ensure all technical, financial and scheduling aspects according to MSF security protocols and under the supervision of the Construction Manager.
- Support the analysis of the needs for construction/rehabilitation works in order to provide the necessary information to find an appropriate and efficient solution, including planning of technical and material resources that meet the mission needs
- Assure the detailed implementation of final studies, as they will appear in drawings and technical specifications sheets.
- Support in the site supervision and follow up through continual presence in the worksites, in order to ensure deadlines, budget, quality assurance and technical specifications and to early detect potential deviations
- Support if required in the negotiation agreements and permissions for construction/ rehabilitation projects, establishing regular contacts with local authorities, in order to ensure all required documentation is filled upon and to avoid delays
- Support in ensuring the requirements for safety are met on the construction site. Organize the flows of personnel, staff and visitors, in order to avoid problems in the regular life of the rest of facilities and achieve safety levels.
- Assist in the quality control of the materials delivered to the construction site
- Assist in the compilation of site meetings with construction companies
- Assist with urgent support/ advice and carry out critical rehabilitation tasks and corrective maintenance interventions.
- Work in collaboration with other specialized technicians and workers, if necessary
Job Location:Afghanistan, Khost
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- High school diploma (12th class) essential
- Technical diploma in Construction essential
- University degree in Construction engineering desirable
- Significant proven experience in similar position essential
- Dari/Pashtu: oral and written essential
- English: oral and written essential
Please do not apply if you do not speak English or cannot use a computer, you will be tested on your skills