|Date Posted:||Mar 6, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Mar 19, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) in Afghanistan is responsible for implementing a number of projects on behalf of the Government of Afghanistan and the aid donor community. The Afghanistan Operations Centre (AGOC) has been set up as an organizational mechanism to deliver a range of projects for which UNOPS has been designated as the Implementing Agency. The functional objective of UNOPS AGOC is to deliver its projects in an efficient and effective manner, so as to achieve the outcomes sought by the project and to assist in the development goals of the Government of Afghanistan. The stated goal is to provide implementation services to the Government of Afghanistan, the donor community and partner agencies in the reconstruction and development of Afghanistan. The adopted mission of UNOPS is to exceed the expectations of our stakeholders.
In order to ensure the sound project and financial management of bi-laterally funded projects in the Transport Sector Portfolio and support the development of further projects in the portfolio, UNOPS is seeking qualified candidates for the position of National Logistics Assistant
Duties & Responsibilities:
2. Purpose and Scope of Assignment
Under the Direct supervision of the Logistics Associate and in accordance with UNOPS policies and procedures, the National Logistics Assistant will work on the following:
- Assist in preparation of all necessary documentation for handling logistics of goods and services procured in accordance with UNOPS rules and regulations, and any other documents as needed;
- Maintain the records on logistics process and related documents and files to ensure transparency and accountability;
- Draft all correspondence related to logistics including letters to vendors, insurance claims, replacement of damage goods as required;
- Raise purchase orders, seek approval and dispatch to freight forwarders as and when required
- Monitor deliverables under contracts awarded and prepare documentation for authorization of payments to suppliers;
- Follow up with Suppliers and Freight forwarders to ensure timely and safe delivery of goods and services procured and take up logistics coordination responsibilities as and when required;
- Prepare reports and monitor administrative and project expenditure as appropriate;
- Undertake field missions when required;
- Prepares and maintains databases, accurate records and documentations: contracts, lease agreements, assets loss and damage reports, security reports, assets hand-over forms, HQCPC/LCPC minutes, registration documents, shipping documents, vouchers, invoices and financial reports.
- Ensure implementation and compliance with Financial Rules and Regulations, Procurement Rules, Assets Management Rules, and related organization directives and administrative instructions.
- Perform other related duties as required by supervisor
3. Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Providing timely solutions on matters or issues related to logistics. Issues are responded to within 48 hours of reporting.
- Accurate/current database, records and documentations: contracts, lease agreements, assets loss and damage reports, security reports, assets hand-over forms, HQCPC/LCPC minutes, registration documents, shipping documents, vouchers, invoices and financial reports.
4. Final Product
- Accurate maintenance of all logistics records.
- Full compliance to UNOPS rules and regulations
Qualifications and Experience
â€¢ Secondary Diploma required, Bachelorâ€™s degree in Business Administration, Project Management or relevant field is considered an asset.
b. Work Experience
â€¢ A minimum of 3 years professional experience in Logistics Management.
c. Key Competencies
- Demonstrated knowledge of logistics or material management databases.
- Excellent knowledge of logistics or material management policies including inventories and warehouses stores control mechanisms.
- Experience in the UN field is highly desirable.
- Ability to work with accuracy under pressure.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Fluency in both written and oral English is mandatory.
- Working experience on PeopleSoft database will be an asset.