|Date Posted:||Nov 18, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Dec 2, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Functional Area:||Procurement and logistics|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
|Probation Period:||6 months|
About UN-WFP Afghanistan:
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian Agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP has been working in Afghanistan since 1963. In 2014, WFP fed over 3.6 million vulnerable Afghans and our operations include: capacity building, Purchase of Progress (P4P), Food Voucher, Food for Assets, Food for Work, Food for Training, Food for Education, Mother-and-Child Health and Nutrition and Emergency Relief. WFP food assistance aims to help the most vulnerable, food insecure Afghans, including women and children, as well as families affected by conflict and natural disasters.
To implement well-defined standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
2. Support timely ordering and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorised partners and destinations.
3. Support management of logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
4. Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set.
5. Contribute to budget preparation, monitoring and revision for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
6. Assist in monitoring inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
7. Assist in management of commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
8. Support operational pipeline analyses, assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities.
9. Process documentation for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating various issues to the supervisor.
10. Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems in support to informed decision-making.
11. Liaise with internal and limited number of external stakeholders to support efficient logistics operations management.
12. Provide guidance to other support staff, in order to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: General Service: Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency (level C) or intermediate knowledge (level B) of Pashto and Dari is required.
General Service (Field): Fluency in both oral and written communication in English, Dari and Pashto.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Please copy and paste the below link into the browser to access the VA.