|Date Posted:||Mar 2, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Mar 9, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Under the direct supervision of the Admin/HR Manager, the Logistics /Procurement Officer will be responsible for ensuring effective and timely handling of logistics, procurements and asset inventory record keeping with daily operation. He/ She will be required to proactively seek out ways to improve the procurement and logistical matters of TLO through administrative streamlining and through better control over activities. In addition, the Logistics/Procurement Officer will be required to administer the daily transport operation of TLO.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Implement, control and maintain an effective and comprehensive procurement records and tracking keeping system;
2. Establish effective communication channel between the suppliers, operations and finance;
3. Direct and control TLO vehicle, drivers and transportation unit;
4. Supervise logistics/procurement staff, assign appropriate job tasks and responsibilities to staff, monitor their daily work activities;
5. Collaborate with other field staff to ensure that materials are delivered in a timely manner and that all goods purchased meet quality expectations;
6. Cooperate with finance department to ensure that all required financial documents are submitted ;
7. Work with local, regional, and international vendors and service providers to procure commodities and services, to inspect/accept goods, to verify services and to monitor the usage of goods and services;
8. Make sure TLO rules and regulations are properly followed while procuring goods and services;
9. Make certain that the Organization Policy is well understood, followed and implemented;
1. Responsible for the smooth running of the office and specific projects by procuring furniture, office supplies, equipment and any other goods/supplies on timely manner with the best quality possible in a most cost effective manner;
2. Maintain and keep record of all requisitions approved and take required action for purchasing and other necessary process
3. Prepare bid analyzes, purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services.
4. Negotiate and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
5. Regular study of market prices, tracking market conditions for daily purchases and supplies.
6. Formulate policies and procedures for bid proposals, offer revealing and procurement of goods and services.
7. Insure that all procurement activities are documented and filed in accordance to TLOâ€™s procurement policies and procedures for tracking and auditing;
8. Compile monthly summaries of material and fuel usage, including vehicle maintenance and repair with the Admin/HR manager and finance department;
9. Facilitate and support field offices with procurement of goods and or services process as required
10. Insure that TLOâ€™s procurement policy and procedures are implemented and followed during procurement and services
1. The incumbent is responsible for TLOâ€™s all assets record keeping and update inventory list of assets on regular basis
2. Manage and oversee site asset and inventory records and reporting system;
3. Administer and control store activities and ensure that store keeper follows procurement guidelines;
4. Perform any other duties as determined by the line manager.
1. University degree in business administration ;
2. At least 2-3 years work experience in the field of logistician and procurement within INGOs
3. Has thorough knowledge of the procurement process, including the complete cycle from rurchase requisitioning through to goods receipt/service entry.
4. Has thorough knowledge of best practices relating to transparency and bidding processes of donor organizations
5. Good Communication skills (oral and written) in Dari/ Pashto and functional English speaking;
6. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret procurement system, and legal documents;
7. Quick respond to common inquiries or complaints from requisiteness, or any other related sections;
8. Ability to work under pressure and long hours
9. Aptitude to effectively present information to the line/senior management;
10. Good Computer skills at operator level, especially with Ms Office Packages;
11. Ability to be creative with limited resources;
12. Good interpersonal and social skills;
13. Disciplined and self-motivated.