|Date Posted:||Oct 23, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Nov 9, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Functional Area:||M & E|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Afghan Land Consulting Organization (ALCO):
The Afghan Land Consulting Organization (ALCO) is aØ¯ Afghan leading organization established under the 2005 NGO Law with the purpose of helping Afghan citizens â€“ notably the poor and the womenâ€“ to acquire and protect their land rights. ALCOâ€™s intended vision is â€œsecure and equitable access to land for all Afghan citizensâ€ ALCO has been recently awarded a contract for providing Real Estate Services across the country and conducting land title search with parcel identification. Thus, ALCO is looking for a competitor and motivated candidate to work as Project Manage to be based in Kabul. For more information about ALCO please visit www.afghan-land.org
Under direct supervision of the Program Director, the incumbent will ensure that monitoring and evaluation goals and objectives of ALCO are being met. He / she will also be responsible to identify gaps in the information and make recommendations for collection and set up of the M and E data.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Initiate and organize the design and implementation of a monitoring framework to track accomplishments as per the ALCO goals and objectives.
2. Analyze and collect the data under M and E framework for assessment of the progress and areas for improvement.
3. Provide regularly updated reports on the status of implementation to top management and donors if as required.
4. Ensure the collection of relevant and appropriate data which is required for an effective M and E system which will be utilized in the monitoring of strengths and weakness and gaps in the existing programs.
5. Facilitate capacity building for implementation staff in order to enable to monitor and evaluate their own efforts, gather relevant data and produce required progress report.
6. Assist and support the design and implementation of program planning, monitoring and evaluation systems for all programs/projects.
7. Produce and distribute forms to collect information from various projects as well as assuring completeness and accuracy.
8. Maintain thorough and accurate electronic and paper filing system on overall M and E activities.
9. Undertake periodic review of the implementation of monitoring and reporting mechanisms that should include preparation of best practices learned.
10. Perform other duties assigned by the Program Director regarding M and E as necessary.
1. A Bachelors Degree in Social Science Field or Business Administration.
2. At least five years relevant professional working experience at the national or international level in results-management, reporting or in related field.
3. Demonstrated skills, abilities and experiences to communicate effectively orally and in written;
4. Ability to travel extensively to programme locations as and when required.
5. The applicant will possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills,
6. Fluent oral and written communication skills in Dari, Pashto and English.
7. Good computer skills in MS. Office programs.