|Date Posted:||Apr 21, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Apr 27, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||4|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
The Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist (RMES) will coordinate closely with the technical teams and SWSS implementing partners in the field to track the SWSS Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP), and implement monitoring and evaluation (M and E) systems. The RMES will be based in his/her defined region and will conduct regular site visits to SWSS activities to ensure the efficient and effective implementation and quality control of M and E activities conducted by project staff, partners, consultants or subcontractors. This will be achieved through the direct performance of tasks in his/her region including, but not limited to, the following:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Lead the tracking of all PMP indicators in his/her given region;
2. Assist the SMES in drafting and finalizing the PMP;
3. Attend trainings on M and E concepts and practices, USAID M and E systems, and approaches to field collection and verification of data;
4. Assist the SMES to implement all aspects of the SWSS M and E system including, at a minimum, data collection, compilation, analysis, reporting and storage;
5. As directed, track and document the status of implementation of all SWSS activities, deliverables, and progress toward achieving targets and results;
6. As directed, participate in baseline surveys, organize and manage the timely collection, analysis and reporting of baseline data, and follow-up on survey implementation;
7. Deliver information to the SMES to populate USAID â€œAfghan infoâ€ database;
8. Collect and transmit field data to the SMES for inclusion in monthly, quarterly, and annual reports;
9. Support project team in tracking and documenting the status of implementation of all SWSS activities, deliverables, and progress toward achieving targets and results;
10. Identify and collect success stories and other anecdotal information, as directed by the DCOP;
11. Undertake regular visits to SWSS field sites in his/her regional area to support implementation of M and E and to identify where adaptations might be needed;
12. Work with implementing partners to establish their systems to collect and transmit data;
13. Periodically check data quality through spot checking, review of raw data and/or interviewing beneficiaries and stakeholders;
14. Enter regional data on computer spreadsheets and databases (as needed) and transfer this information to the SMES;
15. Keep accurate files to facilitate data auditing; and
16. Perform other tasks as needed by Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist.
EDUCATION: University degree general management or similar field (relevant experience and another university degree may substitute for the degrees mentioned).
WORK EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in an equivalent position. Experience working in a similar position for an INGO or an international organization is preferred. Must have willingness to travel to ARD Afghanistan field offices on ARD business. Must also have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
Work experienced of USAID funded project is a clear plus.
SKILLS: Working knowledge of English, both written and spoken. Able to communicate fluently effectively both verbally and in writing. Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues. Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team. Must also be able to create a supportive working relationship among all project teams.
LANGUAGES: Fluent knowledge of speaking and written English, Dari and Pashto.
GENERAL: Excellent analytical and organizational skills;
Willing to regularly conduct site visits to the project sites;
Strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills are desired;
Knowledge of USAID procedures is desired.
Tactfulness, enthusiasm to the job. Good human relation skills, integrity and ability to work with minimum supervision and under pressure.