|Date Posted:||Nov 19, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 2, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Monitoring and Evaluation|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||6 months|
About International Development Law Organization (IDLO):
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is an inter-governmental development organization with headquarters in Rome and program offices in Kabul and several other provinces in Afghanistan. IDLO fulfils its mandate by providing training, technical assistance, research, and publication to governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), local communities, and professional associations in developing countries, countries in economic transition, and countries emerging from armed conflict. The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity and under the rule of law. IDLO began working in Afghanistan in 2001 and has become a leading partner of Afghan government, donor countries and international agencies to achieve the common goal of strengthening the rule of law. Afghanistan has been an IDLO Member Country since 2012.
The M&E of RIIALS Program, monitors progress of program activities and tracks results; evaluates trainings and other programmatic activities; and reports on the desired outputs and outcomes to help identify performance gaps and inform Program management decisions. The M&E Analyst will work in close collaboration with the M&E team and the component staff to manage a mechanism of collecting, analyzing and reporting on the outcome of IDLO-sponsored trainings. The M&E Analyst will ensure that program management decisions are based on sound M&E data. The key results will have an impact on the overall performance of the M&E Unit and success in implementation of Program strategies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Key results expected:
· Support the implementation of RIIALS Performance Measurement Plan (PMP) by assessing the impact of security/gender programming;
· Design and manage the Program database required for assessments and surveys;
· Prepare analytical reports on the progress of RIIALS and the findings of the assessments;
· Liaise with the Program team to develop data collection tools and checklists;
· Coordinate with the Program team to share findings of the program interventions and to identify areas of concern and lessons learned;
· Undertake regular visits to the provinces to monitor implementation of program activities and measure outcomes of security/gender program activities;
· Assist in pre-interventions assessment exercises to establish baselines and targets, as well as other relevant data to inform the program implementation strategy;
· Assist in periodic reviewing of PMP targets and achievements, especially training related indicators and highlight adjustments in M&E approaches and tools, based on project specific needs.
· University degree in statistics or a related field; certificate in M&E.
· At least 5 years of relevant experience, experience working in an international context is highly desired.
· Fluency in English and Dari or Pashto is required.
· Familiarity with M&E systems and tools; and training assessment techniques;
· Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Dari/Pashto and English;
· Demonstrated skills in data analysis and reporting;
· Works well with others and actively participates; and
· Ability and willingness to travel frequently to provinces within Afghanistan.