|Date Posted:||Jun 11, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jun 24, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||M & E|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development:
The PROMOTE program is USAID’s largest ever investment in women’s empowerment. The Women’s Leadership Development (WLD) project is a PROMOTE component that provides capacity building, coaching, and mentoring to two groups of Afghan women: 1) The Primary Target Group includes women between the ages of 18–30 who possess at least a high school diploma, though many will also have undertaken some college, university, or technical vocational and educational training (TVET) study or possess a university degree. 2) The Secondary Target Group includes Afghan women between the ages of 15-24 who have completed primary school and perhaps some secondary schooling or TVET but who have not graduated from high school. WLD will provide opportunities for the Primary Target Group to develop advanced management and leadership skills that will enable entry and advancement into decision-making positions in mainstream social, political, and economic sectors at national or sub-national levels in Afghanistan. The Secondary Target Group will be provided with opportunities to acquire a high level of life and work skills through continued education and activities designed to promote social and economic development. Participants in each group come from diverse sectors of society and possess the aptitude, aspiration, and ambition to serve as leaders in their communities and country. Over a five-year period, more than 25,000 women will participate in WLD. As they assume leadership and decision-making positions, they are expected to enact new policies that will provide services and opportunities to benefit many more girls and women throughout the country.
Working under the overall direction of the M&E Database Manager and in close coordination and collaboration with technical and operations staff, the M&E and Database Specialist will support the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager in the design and management of monitoring and evaluation systems, including databases, spreadsheets, and other reporting tools in accordance with the approved performance monitoring plan (PMP).
This position is based in the WLD Project Office in Kabul, Afghanistan. It includes field travel to execute M&E-related activities (e.g., training, data collection, etc.) with local partners in training sites: Kabul, Herat, Mazar-i-Sharif, Jalalabad, and Kandahar, principally.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Familiarize self with Tetra Tech M&E systems, policies, procedures, templates, and forms. Attain proficiency in use of Tetra Tech Electronic Project Observation, Reporting and Tracking (ePORT) application.
2. Maintain regular contact with the Tetra Tech M&E Specialist and contribute to Tetra Tech M&E portal.
3. Conduct field visits to training sites to collect quantitative and qualitative data required for PMP and other M&E activities in coordination with M&E Manager.
4. Coordinate with technical and operations staff to identify and collect required information for M&E activities and others as requested.
5. Support management of the performance monitoring plan (PMP) including data collection and analysis. Ensure timely and accurate data entry into M&E database and information systems.
6. Assist in generating brief reports highlighting participant progress. Include and adapt participation information (e.g., retention rates) per contractual requirements and as requested.
7. Support monitoring and tracking of results against objectives. Bolster results with supporting documentation including photography and success stories (including direct quotes).
8. Assist in generation of reports, graphics, maps, and other visual tools/aids that support activities and results.
9. Participate in client-directed data quality assessment (DQA) and preparation of routine and special report(s) as required. Collaborate with Tetra Tech M&E Specialist on DQA process every six months.
10. Assist with training, mentoring, and technical assistance for staff, grantees, and subcontractors on M&E systems, policies, procedures, templates, and forms. May also include similar activities for partners and stakeholders.
11. Support data collection efforts of third-party data collectors (e.g., grantees, subcontractors, etc.) and review data for correctness, accuracy, and reliability. Contribute directly to data collection efforts to meet project implementation needs.
12. Coordinate with M&E Manager on data entry and other updates for Afghan Info and TraiNet in line with contractual requirements.
13. Provide additional M&E support in absence of M&E Manager under direction of COP.
14. Contribute to team effort by undertaking additional tasks and responsibilities as requested.
The current job description will be periodically revisited as needed to reflect current realities and project needs. Amendments can be added to that effect.
Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in social sciences or a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a similar position for an NGO or an international organization is preferred.
Experience with USG project implementation and USG rules and regulations, especially USAID.
Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work with all levels and functions within the company.
Requires an ability to work independently and as part of a team, accept responsibility, and be extremely discrete with sensitive information.
Must have the ability to develop Microsoft Access databases
Must have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, must be flexible and willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
Proficient in Microsoft Office package, especially Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Word.
Excellent language proficiency in spoken and written Dari, Pashto, and English.