|Date Posted:||May 9, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 19, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About BRAC Afghanistan:
BRAC is a nongovernmental development organization originated in Bangladesh and currently working in 10 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC began its operation in Afghanistan in 2002, has been implementing its specialized programs in education, health, youth development, ultra-poor, national solidarity and safety net, as well as capacity development in the country
The M&E Officer will be providing support in monitoring and evaluating ongoing project in different provinces of Afghanistan. The incumbent will be responsible for overall Monitoring and learning needs of the project and will come up with findings based on real data to show performance of the projects. The incumbent will also help BRAC Afghanistan in strengthening its Monitoring functions based on his/her experiences from the projects. Monitoring of the projects will be an assessment as well as support function hence the programme or projects teams as well as implementing partners will get support through Monitoring findings in enhancing flow of information and its management. The incumbent will play role in promoting of key learning for the improvement of the projects.
Requires travel to provinces:
- At least Bachelor degree in any social or natural science discipline
- Knowledge and understanding of project monitoring and evaluation
- Understanding of the current M&E trends and especially M&E systems in development organizations in the context of Afghanistan
- Monitoring and evaluation techniques and processes
- Data collection and management
- Good command over report writing in English
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer knowledge with command on MS Excel along with other packages of MS Office
- Communication skills for presenting monitoring findings
- Fluency in Dari, Pashto and English languages.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· To carry out regular data collection and ensure quality of the data by random verifications, validations and cross matching.
· To record, manage and preserve monitoring data in a safe and accessible way.
· To analyze and discuss findings withProject Manager, Provincial Manager and other relevant staffs based on regular monitoring data.
· Provide technical support on Monitoring and evidence-based recommendations to the relevant Managers, Technical expert and Partners.
· Ensure that implementation of field activities adheres to BRAC monitoring and evaluation system.
· Support Research and Evaluation Department in conducting different assessment, survey and research initiatives.
· Participate actively in project planning process and budgeting of the project quality.
· Support programmes, projects and monitoring department in developing the monthly quarterly, annual and organizational other reports.
· Support Manager-Monitoring in dealing with any other tasks as may be required.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Herat
Bachelor degree in relevant field