|Date Posted:||May 9, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 21, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Monitoring and Evaluation|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1Year & 6 Months|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About World Vision International :
The World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than10 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and well being of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities.
This is a position with overall intervention in health and nutrition sector in WV Ghor Zone. The project aims to provide outpatient healthcare to drought-affected populations in critical need of life-saving medical assistance in areas lacking access to government health services (white areas). The project will establish 6 new Mobile Health and Nutrition Teams (MHNTs) in white areas of Ghor Province (Lal, Cheghchran (now Firozkoh) and Dowlatyar districts) targeting people in their places of origin. The Monitoring and Evaluation officer is responsible for implementation of the M&E plan activities for the the health and nutrition component of the OFDA II project in Ghor.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Good report writing and information dissemination skills
- Ability to coordinate a diverse group of individuals.
- Good level of organizational and management skills.
- Strong skills in facilitation of discussions and conducting interviews
- Committed to learning, strong timing skills and willing to support M&E Unit in strengthening the protection monitoring and involvement of women and girls
Duties & Responsibilities:
Monitoring and Evaluation
1. Manage the implementation of M&E plans activities in alignment with the donor and the World Vision DME and Accountability framework.
2. Lead and coordinate the implementation of assessments and baseline and end line assessment surveys.
3. Ensure that project activities, outputs, outcomes are monitored regularly per M&E Plan, and information on the project indicators is included in ITT and other reporting formats to management in alignment with donor requirements and reporting timelines
4. Develop M&E and data collection tools (regular monitoring checklists) for collecting information on the project activities.
5. Conduct spot checks of the data to verify that the information reported by the project is valid and accurate to ensure the integrity of the data.
6. Review the project documents and means of verification for each of the activities to ensure that accurate and valid recording of project records are in place.
7. Ensure documentation and sharing of M&E reports, monitoring monthly reports and findings and recommendations on actions to improve the implementation are shared with project team and Program Zone Manager.
8. Conduct site visits in the project sites and report findings in order to enable program and project management make timely decisions about implementation.
9. Conduct FGDs and interviews with community members and beneficiaries to get their feedback on the quality of implementation and benefits received.
10. Perform other tasks related to monitoring and evaluation of social change projects focusing on women and girls beneficiaries in Zone as per assignment of direct supervisor.
Reporting and Learning
11. With support from Zonal M&E Coordinator analyze the results of the assessments, beneficiary verification surveys, baseline and end line surveys and draft initial reports of the findings
12. Prepare monthly monitoring reports for the project and share with project manager and Zone M&E Coordinator
13. Chair reflection meetings as appropriate to discuss critical findings from M&E activities with relevant WVA staff project staff in order to identify best practices and solutions to enable program management timely decision making about implementation.
14. Support identification of appropriate success stories (particularly women and girls beneficiaries storied) for the assigned projects and share with project manager or/and communication department.
Accountability, administration and coordination
15. Ensure compliance with Donor policies and procedures, as well as WV’s M&E policy and procedures.
16. Together with project manager ensure that the project has an established complaint response mechanism such as complaint box or any other hot line established by the project or World Vision
17. Analyze the information and complaints received in weekly basis and share the issue with the project manager and Zonal M&E coordinator
Coordinate the logistics with support department, prepare and process personnel request forms for daily labor enumerators for the surveys, and any other purchase request forms needed to complete the M&E processes.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Ghor
- Bachelor in social sciences or any other relevant field in human development field
- Qualifications in M&E courses/training
- At least two years of relevant work experience in data collection and conducting assessment and use of M&E tools and processes
- Experience in data collection, data processing or analysis, participatory assessments, training and facilitation
- Experience in supervision of data collectors during surveys and assessment troubleshooting and providing guidance
- Typical office and field based.
- Ability to work off-hours and on the weekends if needed. Ability to work under pressure. Ability to meet deadlines as assigned by the supervisor