|Date Posted:||Nov 19, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 2, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Monitoring and Evaluation|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Probation Period:||6 months|
About International Development Law Organization (IDLO):
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is an inter-governmental development organization with headquarters in Rome and program offices in Kabul and several other provinces in Afghanistan. IDLO fulfils its mandate by providing training, technical assistance, research, and publication to governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), local communities, and professional associations in developing countries, countries in economic transition, and countries emerging from armed conflict. The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity and under the rule of law. IDLO began working in Afghanistan in 2001 and has become a leading partner of Afghan government, donor countries and international agencies to achieve the common goal of strengthening the rule of law. Afghanistan has been an IDLO Member Country since 2012.
The M&E Specialist will work under the supervision of the M&E Manager and be responsible for monitoring and analyses of data on security/gender programs within justice institutions in Afghanistan. The key results have an impact on the overall performance of the RIIALS Program, success in implementation of program strategies and ultimately advancing IDLO’s work in promoting the Rule of Law.
Provinces to travel:
- Demonstrated knowledge of M&E frameworks, data analysis and synthesis and report writing.
- Excellent knowledge of M&E principles and practices, including development of M&E frameworks, and logic models.
- Exceptional understanding of key performance indicators and tracking of the indicators.
- Ability to design and conducted M&E assessments.
- Ability to conduct analysis using statistical application (SPSS etc.)
- Good analytical skills and proficiency in writing M&E related reports
- Be available to travel in Afghanistan for short periods of time.
- Experience in applying adult learning principles in a training/capacity development environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results.
- Ability to work under pressure, flexible and with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The M&E Specialist will perform the following duties:
· Support in designing/revising the Program M&E Framework including: Theory of Change, logical model, logical framework, key performance indicators, M&E matrix, risk-management plan, and data collection tools;
· Ensure data quality through clear data collection and entry procedures, division of roles and responsibilities and periodic reviews for consolidation and reporting purposes;
· Support in drafting program progress reports as per the donor and partner institutions’ requirements;
· Train Program staff on the M&E Framework and reporting schedule;
· Support in reviewing the program progress, and liaise with the Program Team to identify necessary programmatic changes to enhance program effectiveness;
· Support in drafting ToRs for the external evaluations, and facilitate in coordinating meetings for the evaluation team;
· Support to the Program Team in planning, implementation and work-planning; and
Carry out any other duty within the overall function and level of responsibility of the post.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Graduate degree in Computer Science, Social Sciences, Statistics, Business Administration, or related studies is required. A post graduate degree in a related field is highly desirable.
· 5 years relevant experience.
· Fluency in English and Dari or Pashto is required.