|Date Posted:||Jan 1, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jan 14, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Monitoring and Evaluation|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The Community, Livestock and Agriculture Project (CLAP) is funded by International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD). The overall goal of the project is to contribute to reducing poverty in rural Afghanistan. More specifically, the project objective is to improve food security of 169,500 rural households in selected districts in the provinces of Kabul, Parwan, and Logar by increasing agriculture and livestock productivity. This will be achieved by enhancing productive assets, skills, services, technologies, and income opportunities of the targeted beneficiaries (i.e. by introducing appropriate livestock and agriculture technology options, strengthening local capacity, and strengthening some weak areas of value-chain, including linkages with markets). The project also aims at reducing gender disparities by increasing the social and economic status of women engaged in these activities.
Under direct supervision of national program director, M&E Unit Head will be responsible for all M&E related activities of the projects funded by IFAD. He will lead M&E unit and provide support to project manager in term of planning, reporting and decision making.
Provinces to travel:
· Strong report-writing skills in English, Dari and Pashto;
· Able to enter data into computer (proficient in Word and Excel is must);
· Fluency in the National Languages as well as English;
· Capacity to interact with policy planners, senior officials of government and donors is an advantage;
· Outstanding analytical skills. Ability to present coherent and convincing positions both in writing and orally;
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and enhance M&E system for all IFAD funded projects in accordance with IFAD and MAIL policies and reporting requirements
- Lead the process of MIS, GIS and remote sensing system establishment for IFAD funded projects.
- Assist Service Providers in the design and implementation of appropriate participatory tool and methodologies so as to ensure communities’ empowerment and their participation in planning and monitoring of project activities.
- Ensure that all project Service Providers’ activities, as identified in their respective detailed Annual Work Plan and Budget, conform with the overall project work plan and budget, Logical framework as well as IFAD and MAIL guidelines and policies.
- Conduct (or outsource) baseline surveys following the methodology of IFAD Results and Impact Monitoring System (RIMS) for the current and new approved projects.
- Support projects services providers to set up and maintain appropriate and robust M&E system for all projects activities.
- Develop ToR for M&E related staff and assist HR in the recruitments process as well as provide orientation for newly hired M&E staff.
- Lead monitoring and evaluation processes using developed tools and provide guidance to staff and partners in their use,
- Routinely perform quality control checks of monitoring and evaluation work, overseeing that planned monitoring and evaluation activities are taking place and as to validate on a random basis, information provided by service provider.
- Design, carry out and/or supervise consultants conducting evaluations across all program areas,
- Build M&E capacity of all program and partner staff through training and on the job support,
- Track planned evaluations and ensure that evaluation reports are obtained
and shared to facilitate learning.
- Help KM promote sharing of lessons learned from program monitoring and evaluation to improve future program selection, design and implementation.
- Liaise and coordinate with the IFAD M&E Coordinator in HQ for amendment based on MAIL requirements, including formats and procedures
- Take part in monitoring and evaluation networks with IFAD mission and other external partners, as well as with international M&E focal points, partners and beneficiaries to coordinate field monitoring and evaluation activities, stay current on best monitoring and evaluation practice and to support quality program and accountability standards.
- Conduct any outcome of impact survey that may be required in order to assess project success.
- Help analyze data (both qualitative and quantitative) to identify significant trends requiring corrective action, assess possible causes, and help identify solutions.
- Help organize and participate in the midterm and completion reviews of the all IFAD funded projects conducted by external and/or internal evaluators;
- In collaboration with the National Program director, identify important trends, particularly common problems that require a strategic response;
- Help in strengthening the M&E capacity of the M&E staff within the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL);
- Undertake quality control and final editing of all reports and documents generated at the program level, ensuring all documents reflect sound monitoring and evaluation practice and are accurate, clear and informative,
· Ensure reporting deadlines are met along with sending out relevant notifications to partners for timely reporting.
· Ensure that the MAIL database is kept correct and up to date regarding all reports,
· Proactively track documents due and completed and provide targeted support to staff and partners in cases where deadlines are not going to be met.
- Compile relevant results data on an annual basis for submission to IFAD.
- Any other task assigned by the National Program Director
· Review the overall quality and consistency of plans for logic, coherence, clarity and provide feedback and assistance to improve, paying attention to such concerns as
· Ensuring programming is informed by assessment,
· Employing a sound and clear logical framework,
· Employing sound and practical indicators to provide evidence
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· University degree preferably in Agriculture or Program Management
· Knowledge and experience of M&E tools, methodologies and approaches (including data collection both quantitative, qualitative as well as participatory);
· Strong interest in M&E and supporting rural development and participatory approaches;
· At least 7 years of relevant experience with bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant experience with master’s degree.