|Date Posted:||Aug 29, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 18, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade EAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
About Ministery of Energy and Water:
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Energy & Water has received a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of Irrigation Restoration and Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this “grant” to payments for hiring the services of following qualified national individual consultants.
Request for “Expressions of Interest” for National Individual Consultants
Organization: Project Coordination Unit (PCU)
Project: Irrigation Restoration and Development Project (IRDP)
Reference No.: MEW/PCU/REOI/595
Announcement Date: 29-Aug-2019 closing Date: 18-SEP-2019
Nationality: Afghanistan Duration: one year (Likely to be extended)
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Energy & Water has applied for a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of Irrigation Restoration and Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this “grant” to payments for hiring the services of following qualified national individual consultants.
Provinces to travel:
Good communication skills in English and local language
Should be a good team worker
Duties & Responsibilities:
Job Description/Duties and responsibilities:
Modern automatic hydro-met stations are equipped with sensors and data loggers, which come with the manufacturer’s software. Optimal use of this equipment’s, therefore, will require the services of a qualified person with any engineering background and extensive experience in installation and maintenance and knowledge of hardware and software of various hydro-met equipment. The detailed TOR of the Maintenance Engineer are as follows:
General description of Tasks:
1. Assessment and evaluation of all field equipment such as sensors, data loggers and software
2. Configuration and Upgrading the software which is currently used by system of the hydro-met network
3. Recommendation for system improvements and upgrading, including cost proposals.
4. Detecting any problem in the data logger software and rectifying.
5. Preparation of detailed specifications for required equipment’s/sensors for replacement of sensors and data loggers when required.
6. Maintaining the installed sensors through online assistance of manufacturer when required.
7. Having basic knowledge of the range of values of the climatic and hydrologic parameters recorded by the sensors so that any wrong reading can be readily detected and the sensors/data loggers repaired rectify it at site.
8. Having knowledge of installation the telemetry system in the stations when required.
9. In case of shifting of station to another location, reinstall and malfunction the station/equipment, sensors, and data loggers.
10. Having knowledge to Repair of hardware and software of installed equipment/sensors
Any other jobs assigned by the supervisor/officer.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
A. Academic Qualifications
Must hold a Bachelor Degree in any engineering discipline from a recognized Institution with minimum 4 years of relevant experience in similar job.
B. Technical Competence and Experience
· minimum four years work experience in installation, repair and maintenance of various types of sensors and data-loggers used in hydro met Stations or such as relevant electronic equipment’s.
· Experience of working in a similar job involving data loggers, sensors and telemetric data transmission network using Iridium satellite and other telemetry system is highly desirable.