|Date Posted:||Jan 20, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Jan 28, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||6|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
About AFGS LLC:
Afghan Fleet and Group Services (AFGS) is an Afghanistan Investment Support Agency (AISA) and Afghan First registered company that employs a hardworking, talented, multinational team that works diligently to ensure 100% client satisfaction. AFGS offers a wide variety of services under one umbrella, including operations and maintenance, procurement, transportation, logistics, ICT and life support services. AFGS offers modern operations and experience with both local and international customers and prides itself on its transparent business practices that are fully compliant with all local laws and USG contracting and acquisition regulations.
Qualifications: Possession of a high school diploma or general equivalency diploma (G.E.D.) and 10 years of skilled maintenance work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed below.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots, maintains and repairs complex systems and equipment (trucks, LVs, Fork-lifts, cranes, etc..) in one or more areas of assignment.
- Maintains records of installation, maintenance and repair orders to track activities ensuring work is documented and on file.
- Prepares status reports for projects.
- Coordinates projects related to installation, maintenance and repair work within area of assigned duties including planning and scheduling work and equipment.
- Provide lead direction to staff in technical areas of assignment.
- Inventories and orders supplies, parts, equipment and materials for workshop including determining appropriate supplies and materials, maintains adequate supply levels and inventory controls.
- Inspects facilities, grounds, infrastructure, equipment and vehicles to ensure proper maintenance and safety standards are being met.
- Takes or recommends corrective actions as necessary.
- Responds to emergencies and call-outs as required.
- Coordinates and monitors work of staff in areas of expertise to effect repairs and ensure the safety of the personnel at work area.
- Operates specialized equipment and vehicles in areas of specialization such as boom truck, electrical testing devices, power tools, welder, vehicle diagnostic equipment, air compressor and spray truck.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 10+ years of related experience.
- Bachelors degree
- Strong mechanical skills, supervision skills.
- Fluency in both local language to include communicational level of English
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office Package)