|Date Posted:||Feb 9, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Feb 19, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
The Male Community Coordinator is responsible for engaging with communities in the districts surrounding Lashkar Gah city to identify and recruit students in rural areas for training courses to be delivered within their home communities. In addition, the Community Coordinator is responsible for liaising with trainers within the community and organizing courses throughout the districts that are targeted, subject to security restraints.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop a constructive relationship with target groups and businesses throughout Lashkar Gah and the surrounding districts
2. Advertise and be a good ambassador for INVEST to the communities
3. Record all training details and pass to the DM and E department to be entered onto the INVEST database
4. Attend and give presentations to relevant groups to publicise opportunities within the INVEST programme
5. Monitor the progress of trainings, updating the database and being a link person for providing any additional support
6. Identify and resolve issues to ensure that INVEST is delivered smoothly and to the satisfaction of the communities and trainers
7. Be present at the training days and business fairs
8. Provide follow up services with each comunity to identify further training needs
9. Conduct regular monitoring and generate monitoring report on qualitative and quantitative progress of programme;
10. Visibility and promotion of project achievements through effective media;
11. Prepare field trip and progress reports,
12. Assist with general program operations and field-based activity;
13. Provide written and oral translation and report writing for program staff, as necessary;
14. Promote and adhere to the principles and objectives of Mercy Corps;
15. Adhere to all Mercy Corps administrative procedures and policies;
16. Assist with overall program development and future proposals for program follow-on activity.
17. Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
18. Other duties as assigned
Must be able to work independently and show initiative; experience in business, education or community development; ability to liaise with target groups; ability to make recommendations to his/her manager for improvement; computer and basic administrative and organizational skills; good spoken and written Pashto; willingness to travel throughout the project area, good inter-personal skills, good teamwork.