|Date Posted:||Jul 18, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Aug 16, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||4|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Afghanistan Center for Training and Development - ACTD:
Afghanistan Center for Training and Development â€œACTDâ€ is a registered non for profit, non-political and non-governmental independent organization working for development and transformation of civil society in Afghanistan. ACTD was established in March 2007 by a group of Afghan professionals to offer research, training and consultancy services in order to develop practically applicable knowledge. ACTD is currently operating in 19 provinces of the country providing services in the fields of community and civil society development, training/capacity building, research, and health service delivery.
The Male Medical Doctors are needed for provision of health care services in Saripul province. The positions are available at Tarkhuck DH, Sozmaqala CHC, Kata Qala CHC and
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provide curative services to patients according to BPHS.
2. Support the provision of primary health care within the community.
3. Counsel and educate patients, the family and community, in relevant areas of health.
4. Obtain specialized assistance as necessary (consultation or referral)
5. Share knowledge, skill and expertise with medical, midwifery and all professional staff concerning their job requirements.
6. Perform limited, select administrative duties such as patient charting, recording and reporting of data, clinic and/or facility management, or coordination of specific educational programs.
7. Follow established departmental policies, procedures and objectives; continuous quality improvement initiative; safety, environmental, and infection prevention standards.
8. Identify and report immediately any problems, which interfere in the delivery of services or in achieving the program objectives to his/her immediate supervisor or to office.
9. Identify and report immediately any suspected epidemic cases to provincial office.
10. Participate in weekly meeting of health facility and office medical meeting to share information and discuss the program progress.
11. Responsible to make monthly HMIS report and others as needed.
12. Dosage, investigate and manage complication of pregnancy, ante-partum hemorrhage, post-partum hemorrhage, eclampsia etc.
13. Participate in provision of maternity service after the regular service hours if necessary.
14. Responsible for MHC section at absence of midwife.
1. Graduate form medical university
3. Three years experience as medical doctor at BHC or CHC.
4. Knowledge of national language (Pashto and Dari)