|Date Posted:||Feb 9, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Feb 19, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
The Male Vocational Training Coordinator is responsible for recruiting male students from local schools, communities and businesses. The role involves working closely with target groups, recruiting students to the programme and monitoring and mentoring those students throughout their courses. The coordinator will record all relevant details for each student and will monitor progress and attainment levels throughout the 6 month period, as well as assisting students with any further needs that are identified. During each semester, the coordinator will be responsible for approximately 250 students
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop a constructive relationship with target groups and schools throughout Lashkar Gah and the surrounding districts
2. Advertise and be a good ambassador for INVEST to the communities
3. Recruit students with the agreement of head teachers and employers and assist students in registering for courses.
4. Record all students' details and pass to the DM and E department to be entered onto the INVEST database
5. Attend and give presentations to relevant groups to publicise opportunities within the INVEST programme
6. Monitor the progress of around 250 students per semester, updating the database and being a link person for providing support to students
7. Identify and resolve issues to ensure that INVEST is delivered smoothly and to the satisfaction of the schools, employers and students
8. Be present at the graduation ceremony when students matriculate
9. Provide follow up services with each student to track their employment status once the formal period of training has been completed.
10. Conduct regular monitoring and generate monitoring report on qualitative and quantitative progress of programme;
11. Visibility and promotion of project achievements through effective media;
12. Prepare field trip and progress reports,
13. Assist with general program operations and field-based activity;
14. Provide written and oral translation and report writing for program staff, as necessary;
15. Track Promote and adhere to the principles and objectives of Mercy Corps;
16. Adhere to all Mercy Corps administrative procedures and policies;
17. Assist with overall program development and future proposals for program follow-on activity.
18. Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
19. Other duties as assigned.
Must be able to work independently and show initiative; experience in education or community development; ability to liaise with target groups; ability to make recommendations to his/her manager for improvement; computer and basic administrative and organizational skills; good spoken and written Pashto; willingness to travel throughout the project area, good inter-personal skills, good teamwork
â€¢ Must be a confident speaker to senior educational staff
â€¢ Must be well organized with data collection and record keeping
â€¢ Prefer someone with experience of the education sector, however full training will be given