|Date Posted:||Jan 19, 2020|
|Reference:||MTNA MFS 19 Jan, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jan 29, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job:
Responsible for developing all Mobile Money AML & Compliance activities including but not limited to developing processes, policies, performing UATs, monitoring and managing an effective Risk and AML/CFT Compliance program and making sure Mobile Money business is compliant with Central bank policies and regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Develop AML/CTF and Compliance initiatives and programs to comply with the legal, regulatory and licensing requirements in Afghanistan
· Keep track and monitor regulatory changes, assist in preparing for impending regulatory changes or revisions to licensing structure, if applicable
· Ensure the management of the end-to-end suspicious transaction reporting (STR) process, including monitoring/reviewing for STR, filing STR, closing/archiving STR and reporting on STR
· Ensure full training to relate stakeholders such as customer care back office team and MoMo sales team trainer on AML/CFT awareness, detection and reporting requirements and on KYC requirements.
· Serve as a liaison between Central Bank of Afghanistan or relevant entity and Mobile Money Ltd and report on all issues relating to money laundering and terrorist financing.
· Regularly update the Board of Mobile Money Ltd on AML/CFT Compliance status and pending issues being addressed
· Identify and assist in the implementation of mitigating measures to manage key risks inherent in mobile money operations
· Have oversight of finance operations and ensure full adherence to financial process for reconciliation and settlements
· Ensure the implementation and monitoring of AML and fraud related policies, procedures and process
· Ensure smooth operation and implementation of adequate reports within the Risksecure AML to effectively monitor suspicious transactions
· Monitor and approving PEPs registrations.
· Ensure timely provision of mobile financial services update & reports to central bank of Afghanistan or relevant entity
· Ensure implementation of adequate controls and audit actions to mitigate and prevent exposure
· Manage the development of PPP’s to guide effective operational compliance and ensure adherence to safe e-money practices
· Ensure effective review of Users profiles and prepare quarterly report
· Manage, design, and implement models and programs to effectively and proactively mitigate fraud risk and AML on the mobile money service
· Engagement of Third parties on all external SLAs
· Ensure that MobileMoney Ltd operates in compliance with regulatory framework and licensing requirements
· Support in the design, development, and implementation of a risk assessment framework for products, services and customers
· Work closely with MTN Group compliance
Degree in Statistics/ Mathematics/ Banking and Finance and professional finance qualification (ACIB / CA / ACCA / CIMA)/ Certified Compliance Officer (CCO certification), ACAMS - Membership. Post Graduate Qualification in Risk Management/Strategy or Finance
5 years relevant experience in mobile financial services or banking industry, with at least 2 years in supervisory role and experience in AML and Compliance management.
Reporting and Eye for details.
Investigative & Reporting Skills
Critical Attention to detail
Anti-Money laundering and CFT management.
· Courage Skills- Manages self and be a team player, good conflict management, takes and manages accountability
· Energy & Drive – Innovative, Takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently
· Interpersonal Skills - Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports and working under pressure.
· Personal Skills - Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
· Operating Skills - Ability to focus on priorities and plans, shares knowledge effectively
· Organizational Positioning Skills - Good written and verbal communication, presentation skills, commitment to the organization
· Strategic Skills – Global thinker, Analytical thinking and Problem solving abilities.
· Skill in Employee Relations
· Skill in Contract Management
· Skill in Resource Management