|Date Posted:||Apr 1, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Apr 13, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan for development of the department and its functions and also a work plan in agreement with his supervisor;
2. Organise, lead and manage the work of the Department and maintain and update a detail annual work plan for the Department;
3. Hold regular team meetings to coordinate the department
4. Monitor and control the quality of the work done by the department and take measures to further improve overall quality
5. Develop and introduce new methods, manuals, tools, guidelines, standards and processes for production of effective results;
6. Draft ANDS Evaluation reports as well as any other reports, policy papers or analyses as required.
7. Develop the indicators for evaluating the impact of the ANDS, based on the 99 outcome indicators specified in the ANDS (as amended from time to time), including specification of indexes and clarification of data definitions to ensure consistent time series;
8. Collaborate and consult with the Central Statistics Office (CSO), other Departments in Ministry of Economy, relevant line ministries and other organizations in the development of these outcome indicators;
9. Work with the CSO and other relevant agencies to collect baseline data on the agreed ANDS outcome indicators and update those indicators in a consistent manner according to the agreed timetable;
10. Following consultations with the Office of the Chief Economic Adviser to the President, the Ministry of Finance, key donors and other stakeholders, make recommendations on a program for evaluating the impact of specific ANDS activities and/or sector strategies, including recommendations according to which organizations should conduct each evaluation and a proposed timetable;
11. Coordinate implementation of the approved ANDS Evaluation Program with specified evaluation methods and processes;
12. Develop guidelines and training manuals on evaluating the ANDS and conduct capacity building activities to support the ANDS evaluation program, taking into account the current capacities of line ministries and other implementing organisations;
13. Review at least annually the implementation of the evaluation program and the use of the guidelines and manuals developed by the Department;
14. Prepare reports on the implementation of the ANDS based on the monitoring data compiled by the Monitoring Methodology Directorate, the abovementioned outcome indicators and evaluations of specific ANDS activities (this includes input to the regular reports on the ANDS coordinated by the GCC Secretariat);
15. Report on implementation of the ANDS and Compact benchmarks regularly to the GCC; and
16. Support the GCC Secretariat in the preparation of quarterly reports to the JCMB.
17. Assist the Ministry of Finance (MoF) in the development of guidelines for use in preparing and managing the National Budget to support the implementation of ANDS
18. Perform other relevant tasks assigned by the Director Economic Policy and ANDS Evaluation.
1. Action plan implemented
2. The administrative and technical functions of the department operate smoothly and according to rule and regulations
3. Processes and procedures for the department's functions prepared
4. ANDS implementation reports as well as any other reports as required drafted
5. ANDS evaluation and capacity building training manuals and guidelines prepared
6. Evaluation and output indicators prepared
7. ANDS evaluation program implemented
The Manager ANDS Evaluation Department shall report to the Director Economic Policy and ANDS Evaluation.
1. A Master degree in Economics Development or relevant discipline with 3 years of relevant experience in Sr. positions at national and international organizations.
2. A Bachelor degree in the mentioned subjects with 5 years of relevant experience.
3. Written and spoken in Dari, Pashto and English languages.
4. Computer skills, MS office packages, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
â€“ Desirable attributes
1. Knowledge of the ANDS
2. Excellent analytical ability of policy and strategy
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
4. Strong and proven leadership skills and the ability to motivate and lead a team or manage a group of professional staff
5. Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations
6. Planning and organizing ability â€“ able to set priorities and plans and monitor work plan against objectives
7. IT familiarity, and experience in using software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Notice of revision
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.