|Date Posted:||Mar 28, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Mar 30, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
AGEF requires a fully qualified and experienced Project Manager in order to run the Disaster Awareness Project Kishem to its best.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Implementation of the project â€œCommunity based disaster prevention in 34 communities in Kishim District, Badakhshan Province/Afghanistanâ€
2. Contingency planning (survey of the hazards and capacities and according analysis).
3. Capacity Development (arranging trainings for local multipliers and villagers)
4. Participatory implementation of hands-on courses of action taken for the disaster preparedness of the inhabitants of those local communes which the projects are actually implemented in. The idea is to enable them to protect themselves (emergency plans, evacuation maps, emergency assembly points, evacuation, early warning system etcâ€¦)
5. Stockpiling (purchase, transportation and distribution of first aid kits and material for the inhabitants).
6. Compilation of project documents and reporting.
7. Close cooperation with the national authorities responsible for disaster preparedness.
8. Permanent coordination with the international project coordinator.
- Comprehensive expert knowledge and experiences gained in the fields of:
â€¢ Project management of international projects
â€¢ Disaster preparedness and management of catastrophes
â€¢ Procurement of material and accounting
â€¢ Natural hazards, their reasons and impacts
â€¢ Rural development and environmental education,
- Experiences gained in the cooperation with unprivileged population groups of remote rural areas,
- Readiness to frequently travelling and stay in those areas which the project covers,
- Very good command of English or of German.