|Date Posted:||Nov 24, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Dec 2, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
About Etisalat Afghanistan:
Etisalat Afghanistan is a GSM operator established in Afghanistan in 2006 to operate a GSM network across Afghanistan and become the fourth GSM operator in the country. Etisalat Afghanistan is 100% owned by Etisalat U.A.E. Etisalat UAE (the parent company) is the sixth largest company in the Middle East and has subsidiaries in Benin, Burkina Faso, Central African Republic, Egypt, Gabon, Ivory Coast, Niger Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Togo, Tanzania, and Pakistan. We are an equal employment opportunities employer and will ensure development of Afghan nationals by capacity building, using training facilities.
Managing media relations and increasing visibility of company activities in all forms of media
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. To initiate, build and maintain press relations with relevant media to maximize exposure for the company activities.
2. Liaise with other departments to provide PR support. Develop and release press releases to highlight various activities of the company.
3. Organize and Manage Corporate events/ press conferences, conferences etc.
4. Media Monitoring and Management Reporting.
5. Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects with changing priorities
6. Experience in developing and executing corporate PR campaigns programs and crisis/ issue management
7. Solid expertise in creating and implementing media outreach and response strategies for both offline and online media.Proficiency in managing the creation of PR materials, PR tools, PR measurement and social media tools.
Competencies: Excellent Oral and Communications skills. Presentation Skills (Microsoft Office, Ms. Power Point, Ms. Excel). Excellent writing and editing skills (Press Release/ Article Writing)
Minimum four years of Media Management and PR experience working for a Multinational brand.
Masters degree in Journalism or Public Relations
Oral and written fluency in local languages (Dari/ Pushtu)