|Date Posted:||Sep 22, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Oct 7, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan.
Founded in 2004, The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan (FMFB-A) is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has programmes in over 10 countries throughout the developing world. FMFB-A's vision is to be recognized as the leading microfinance services provider contributing to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services primarily targeting micro/small businesses and households. The bank provides credit and deposit products to a wide range of clients including micro, small and medium enterprises along with commercial banking and international remittance services.
The bank is also a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) - an independent network of banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Our values-based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing and clean energy in Afghanistan.
With near 1,500 employees, FMFB-A operates in 14 provinces of Afghanistan through 39 branches. The number of FMFB-A clients across 14 provinces reaches about 180,000 (men and women) both in rural and urban areas. The FMFB-A loan outstanding and savings values reach to over AFN 6.2 billion and AFN 2.5 billion, respectively.
Ensuring efficient, qualitative and timely reporting to all stakeholders including the regulators, and provide management with information & analysis required for decision making in course of business and preparation and coordination of annual budget and forecast of the bank and monthly monitoring of actual performance vs. budget/forecast.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly & quarterly financial reports to Da Afghanistan Bank in designated format, as per central bank guidelines and in line with Financial Supervision Department guidelines.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements to management in required template.
- Generation of accurate and timely reports to all stakeholders.
- Ensuring standard, accuracy and validation of all reports, information, data generated in his/her section to any party.
- Coordinating and administering budgeting process, consolidating individual /departmental / segmental budgets with underlying assumptions and key performance indicator in business planning module and presentation of summarized results in descriptive, numeric and diagrammatical shape.
- Any other project or task assigned by supervisor in context of finance department function.
- Qualification: Minimum bachelor degree in accounting or finance. (ACCA or MBA Finance preferred).
- Knowledge: Hands on knowledge of IFRS, GAAP, SEEP, CGAP.
- Skill: exceptional report writing skill, advanced excel.
- Experience: at least 5 in Finance with at least 2 years in reporting.
- Personal attribute: good team worker, proactive, detailed oriented; professional approach.