|Date Posted:||Sep 24, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Oct 6, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||35000 - 50000 USD undefinedUSD|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
About BRAC Afghanistan:
BRAC is a nongovernmental development organization originated in Bangladesh and currently working in 10 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC began its operation in Afghanistan in 2002, has been implementing its development programs in education, health, citizens’ charter Afghanistan programme as well as capacity development in the country.
Procurement Manager is a Senior Position which requires the competency of Planning and developing the procurement system. S/he has to work with the different Sr. Managers in terms of planning the procurement of different Programs such as; Education, Health, Microfinance, NSP.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Planning, Developing and Managing Procurement Activities of the procurement section which will involve high value expenditures.
2. Has to serve as principal advisor to senior officials and substantive units during all phases of the procurement cycle.
3. Has to lead and direct Procurement section, plan and allocate work assignments.
4. Has to advice, analyze and evaluate procurement requests and ensures appropriateness of technical specifications.
5. has to contribute to development of procurement policies and procedures; develop standards and criteria for the evaluation of goods, services, supplier capacity etc.
1. At least 14 class degree
2. Minimum five years of progressively responsible experience in Procurement
3. Fluency in English (both oral and written)
4. Should have knowledge of procurement policies, processes and procedures
5. Ability to work under pressure
6. Ability to work collaboratively with national and expatriate colleagues.