|Date Posted:||Jul 21, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Aug 8, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Social Science|
|Salary Range:||1133 - 1134 USD monthlyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
We are a non-political, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian and developmental organization working to improve the lives of the Afghan people since 1984. We address the acute needs of the most vulnerable and support early recovery and sustainable development for all Afghans. We align our work to the specific needs and priorities of the Afghan communities.
Job Title: Manager - Women Empowerment
Vacancy Number: PS-008/2020
Department: Programme / Technical and Coordination Unit
Duty station: Kabul Main Office with (Regular trips to provinces and districts)
Required number: One (1)
Salary: PS-S1, USD (1134) including Government Tax, negotiable based on experience and
Opening Date: 21/07/2020
Closing Date: 08/08/2020
The WE Manager reports to the Technical and coordination unit Manager and works closely together with NRM, SSED, Operations, F&C and other departments in case of need. The WE manager has the overall responsibility for the WE related activities.
· Responsible for project planning, implementation, reporting and management under Women Empowerment theme for the delivery of quality projects.
· Support programme development process regarding Women Empowerment (WE) in line with DACAAR policy.
· Contribution to synergy, linkages and integration WE theme with other themes of DACAAR to ensure maximum impact.
· Contribute to strategy and policy development of DACAAR.
· Ensure networking with key stakeholders (NGOs, Institutions, Government, and civil society) at national and provincial level to ensure high impact of the programme.
· High level of team work, coordination among DACAAR team for effective delivery of the programme.
· Facilitate and build capacity of WE staff based in main office and regional/field offices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To ensure that all Women Empowerment (WE) Project related activities are implemented according to the DACAAR guidelines and plans.
- In collaboration with the relevant Regional office prepare, review and analyze reports to timely address project challenge and risk and feed it back to DACAAR, Donor or other parties and update various offices and departments as required pertaining to the Women and or geographical areas where DACAAR is implementing women projects.
- In collaboration with the relevant Regional office checking the feedback of Community Based Organization(CBO), Community Development Council(CDC), Women Resource Centre(WRC) and DACAAR field staff and analyse it and consider the relevant points in the next project planning and implementation
- Ensure WRCs, WDSC (Women Development Social Collective) are growing in according to the plan and in line with guidelines.
- Provide programmatic and technical support to project teams that will help effectively deliver the Women Empowerment Projects.
- Provide inputs for preparing proposal(s) for extension and/or new women projects contract and DACAAR’s intervention.
- Responsible for providing timely feedback during the process of developing and managing of the Yearly Plan of Operation (YPO) for WE thematic area in cooperation with the Finance and Operations.
- Participate in monthly projects finance review meetings.
- Participate and contribute in all management/ strategy development workshops to integrate women issue.
- In collaboration with the relevant Department manage the day to day issues that arise in the main office and field related to Women Empowerment Projects.
- Ensure procurement of any items needed under contract for Women Empowerment Projects.
- In collaboration with the Operations Team / relevant Regional Office make field visits and investigate cases of problematic nature as seen out of the reporting system to ensure that all planned activities are implemented according to the action plan and provide necessary backstopping as required.
- Contribution to synergy and linkages across DACAAR programmes to maximize the impact.
- Plan, manage, control, organize, and ensure high quality WE activities based on approved donor LFAs,
· In collaboration with the relevant Department ensure that proper working conditions are secured for the female staff at the field level.
· Support and train project staffs (especially for female) during the project implementation.
· To ensure close linkages between WE, NRM, SSED and WASH thematic areas with collaboration of Advisers and Specialists.
· Review monthly progress report, cross check it with the YPO, LFA and budget and give feedback to the relevant region on time.
Any other responsibilities assigned by immediate supervisor
Staff Management Responsibility
- In coordination with the relevant Regional Manager work closely with Women Empowerment team in developing, maintaining and assessing the progress against their work plans with necessary guidance in order to meet the key targets of the project plans.
- Improve and maximize the skills and understanding of field female community organization staff through hiring, coaching, training and supervising.
- In close coordination with relevant Regional Manager make projections for changes like new recruitment and transfers to or from other Women Empowerment Projects.
· In close coordination with relevant Regional Manager provide ongoing supervision, technical support and guidance to all WE projects staff & develop training and capacity building plans.
- Maintain close communication and contact with all NGOs and Donor at Kabul and make positive contributions towards the Women Program developments, and if necessary with the Provincial level as well.
- Represent DACAAR and participate in external forums, prepare reports and share with team and other thematic groups as and when required.
· Support the HR and Admin Department to ensure enabling the women-friendly environment within DACAAR.
· Support Fund Raising & Communication and finance departs when needs her support
Education/ Qualification and Employment Benefits
Education: Bachelor degree in social science, Sociology or equivalent Master degree in relevant field is preferable.
Experience: Five (5) years of experience in program/project design and implementation in women development field, at least 2 years of management experience is also required.
Other qualifications’ an advantage:
· Women & gender studies or other related field
· Specialist knowledge of gender equality, the rights of women and girls and engaging men and boys in gender equality in theory and in practice in a development and humanitarian context.
· Extensive experience of working with women empowerment and gender mainstreaming in development programming including programme development, implementation and monitoring and evaluation.
· Ability to build effective relationship with people from different age and diverse backgrounds,
· Experience in financial management and budgeting
· Strong experience of team building and ability to provide support while being able to independently take decisions
· Excellent inter-personal and problem-solving skills and diplomacy
· Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing English, Dari/Pashto
· Experience in staff capacity building
· Self-motivated and self-organising
· Computer literate
Languages: Oral and written fluency in(English, Dari, Pashto)
· Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
· Severance pay: one month salary per year of service
· 24 days of paid annual leave per year
· 10 days of paid sick leave per year
· 2 days weekend
· Eid bonus on both Eids (after the completion of three months service)
· 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
· 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 15 days of public holidays per year
· Transportation Allowance AFN (1500/month)