|Date Posted:||May 14, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 23, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Mercy Corps:
Mercy Corps helps people turn the crises they confront into the opportunities they deserve. Driven by local needs, our programs provide communities in the world’s toughest places with the tools and support they need to transform their own lives. Our worldwide team in 42 countries is improving the lives of 19 million people. For more information, please visit our website: http://www.mercycorps.org. ;
Mercy Corps has been working in Afghanistan continuously since 1986 with a large portfolio of programs addressing the promotion of sustainable licit livelihoods, agriculture development, youth vocational and natural resource management; it has helped more than 2.5 million Afghans through these wide-range of community–based agriculture and economic development programs. It is to mention that currently Mercy Corps is working in Kabul, Kandahar, Helmand, Takhar, Badakhshan, Parwan and Baghlan.
Employable Skilled and Inclusive Workforce (ESIF) is a three year program of MC, funded by Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA). MC is implementing this three-year program in four provinces, and is planning to scale it up to additional provinces where there is high numbers of returnees. In this context, a feasibility study was conducted by MGTWELL Consulting Services for scaling up ESIF program and exploring demanded emerging sectors and evaluating its potential and demand in the proposed target provinces namely Kabul, Nangarhar, and Herat. Emerging sectors were identified through this feasibility study and through key informant interviews with the respective Ministries and key stakeholders from public and private sectors, and in light of the workforce needs of the government and its National Priority Programs.
The Market Linkage Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating proper support and linkages between the graduates and the market. The coordinator will identify right market for the products of graduates and set up their businesses, and will perform other necessary tasks needed or required by the program. These tasks are explained in more details below under the essential job functions.
Must be able to work independently and show initiative; experience in business, education or community development
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop a constructive relationship with target groups and businesses throughout Kabul and the surrounding districts;
- Develop a working plan based on the global plan;
- Lead efforts to find out market leverage points;
- Advertise post-graduation support activities and be a good ambassador for ESIF to the communities and businesses;
- Arrange market fares and linkages between graduates and potential employers of markets;
- Monitor the progress of businesses, updating the database and being a link person for providing information to graduates about market opportunities;
- Identify the right post graduation support
- Provide follow up services with each business to track their economic status once the formal period of training has been completed.
- Finalize the list of graduates according to a set criteria and type of post-graduation support.
- Conduct regular monitoring on the progress of post-graduation support;
- Be present at the training days and business fairs
- Prepare field trip and progress reports on post-graduation support;
13. Supervise Market Linkage Assistant;
- Produce a final report
- Promote and adhere to the principles and objectives of Mercy Corps;
- Adhere to all Mercy Corps administrative procedures and policies;
17. Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Ability to liaise with target groups; ability to make recommendations to his/her manager for improvement; computer and basic administrative and organizational skills; good spoken and written Pashto; willingness to travel throughout the project area, good inter-personal skills, good teamwork.