|Date Posted:||Oct 4, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Oct 14, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
About Salam University:
The University of Salam was established by a team of well-experienced and qualified lecturers in 1388, who has researched at national and international levels. According to the constitution of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (article 46th), by satisfying the requirements, Salam University was officially registered with the Ministry of Higher Education holding registration No. 1388/20, dated 13/10/24. The fundamental purpose of this institution is to educate youth in the Islamic framework and standards so that the young generation is enhanced and developed on social and political platforms. Salam University was authorized to have three faculties: Shariya and Law, Engineering, and economics at the initial stage. Finally, after passing three terms of Kankor in the mentioned faculties, the University gained the approval of two more faculties (Political Sciences and Computer Sciences) as well in 1390. So far the students of mentioned five faculties are being educated in three shifts and in separate sections for males and females. Salam University obtained the approval for a Master’s in (Feqa and Law, and Islamic Studies) in 1393. Moreover, the procedure of this program is under the control of an independent department known as the “Board of Masters”, and according to the rules and regulations of the Ministry of Higher Education.
The Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for the development and supervision of all marketing and communications strategies for the company. This individual will oversee the development of goals, strategies, and implementation plans to execute comprehensive marketing campaigns. The incumbent will promote the creation, enhancement, and development of programs to promote the University and its services. Some marketing goals will include maintaining brand integrity and strategically positioning the organization as a trusted source of knowledge while establishing the organization's status as a leader. The Marketing and Communications Manager will also oversee the launch and managing of new products, services, and associated brands to meet profitability goals and targets.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Initiate research, development, and implementation of new marketing programs, including direct mail, corporate sales, social media marketing, conventions, workshops, advertisements, sales tools, and other initiatives.
• Develop and promote branding initiatives consistent with corporate business goals and objectives.
• Maximize brand value through the development of ancillary revenue streams and new opportunities.
• Ensure all products, services, and other offerings conform to brand identity; conduct ongoing brand management.
• Work with creative staff and other department heads to produce marketing collateral in accordance with brand messages.
• Develop marketing plans within budget requirements.
• Collaborate with all departments to identify internal and external customer needs.
• Communicate and negotiate with promotional partners as needed for joint marketing activities.
• Monitor, evaluate, and report on similar industry activities; make recommendations based on findings/opportunities discovered.
• Develop, manage and execute an annual strategic marketing and communications plan for Salam University to span across all communication media (online and offline) and reach appropriate target audiences, based upon specific performance goals.
• Evaluate the success of various communication strategies and provide and implement recommendations for improvement.
• Analyze potential new products/media to enhance the marketing/communications work.
• Develop, manage and produce materials to create a cohesive image and message for print and all offline communication vehicles.
• Ensure that all materials are developed and distributed according to an appropriate timeline.
• Oversee the development, management, and maintenance of all online communication vehicles.
• Provide strategic leadership to the marketing group and all other departments. Set the yearly agenda for the marketing group and actively manage the department to accomplish its goals.
• Other duties as assigned.
• University degree in marketing, advertising, sales, or business administration, or equivalent.
• Bachelor/Master's degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field.
• 2 - 3 years of work experience in the sector including the handling of corporate communications, original writing and editing, and some public relations.
• Excellent understanding and familiarity with brand building and brand management.
• Demonstrated proficiency in internet marketing techniques, technologies, and solutions.
• Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Breadth of working knowledge and past experience in publishing with print and web media.
• Knowledge of printing procedures and requirements preferred.
• Ability to manage and coordinate the end-to-end development process while meeting deadlines and budget requirements.
• Strong presentation, written, and verbal communication skills.
• A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
• Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
• Manual dexterity is required to use desktop computers and peripherals.
• Overtime as required.
• Analytical Thinking
• Decision Making
• Planning and Organizing
• Problem Solving
• Networking and Relationship Building