|Date Posted:||Jan 7, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jan 20, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Kardan University:
Established in 2002, Kardan University is the first and largest privately-owned University in Afghanistan. Kardan is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in numerous professional disciplines. Kardan currently offers quality and international standard educational opportunities to over 8,000 students in the field of business, law, IT and Civil Engineering at its campuses. In 2013, Kardan University has been awarded with the prestigious ‘Top Performer Award’ by the Ministry of Higher Education, Government of Afghanistan - a testimony to its first-class stature. To reaffirm this, Kardan University was granted the University status by the Ministry of Higher Education. Kardan is the only University not only in Afghanistan but also in the region to get candidacy status from the IACBE, USA, an established and well reputed international accreditation body. Kardan University believes in the sense of commitment for excellence and quality and is committed to serve as a key player in the development and enhancement of education in the Afghanistan through its innovative curricular programs.
If you are looking for a professional and friendly work environment where employees are valued, supported, and recognized for their accomplishments and if you are a passionate, energetic and a result-oriented individual with strong English communication and writing skills and solid knowledge, this opportunity is for you. Kardan University is seeking an experienced and motivated Specialist for Marketing and Communication who will oversee Kardan University’s online and offline communication with clients and increase brand awareness.
Marketing Communication Specialist responsibilities include distributing promotional material, responding to customers’ queries and comments on social media and networking during marketing events. If you have experience in identifying and building long-term relationships with target audiences, we’d like to meet you.
We offer an exciting work environment conducive to academic and professional development of our people. Kardan University offers a competitive salary in the higher education industry plus a complete benefits package that includes sponsorship of international trainings, workshops and research conferences.
- Minimum of three years professional experience in written communication
- Ability to develop and apply strategic planning principles to various university activities, publications and video productions.
- Ability to identify new integrated marketing opportunities.
- Excellent English and Dari communication/presentation skills.
- Ability to understand and effectively translate market research and other data.
- Experience in leading the creative development process in various media formats.
- Ability to effectively work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships.
- Ability to work efficiently in a team and independently.
- Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and supervise communication team towards the achievement of individual as well as group targets.
- Develop and implement a communication strategy that includes media outreach and social media content creation.
- Conduct market research to determine changing demand of the market.
- Supervise the professional team of graphic designers, web development specialists, and communication specialists.
- Design, manage, and deliver on results-oriented admission campaigns in coordination with the Academic Administrator and university leadership.
- Research and write press releases, and content for the company website, info graphics, blogs and newsletters.
- Support and evaluate results of communication campaigns with the team
- Ensure that the team planning and reporting efforts are coordinated and delivered in a timely fashion to the university leadership
- Oversee and ensure the effective implementation of relevant brand management policies including the branding policy, social media policy and other advancement principles
- Serve as an integral member of the Communication Team, attending meetings, contributing expertise and supporting team priorities including proposal development, as required.
- Ensure the timely offline and online publication, dissemination and management of communications and marketing materials, including magazines, brochures, catalogues, newsletters, videos, and more.
- Serve as focal point for the University wide communication and marketing requests, ensuring timely response, coordination and quality assurance.
- Promote University facilities and services through a variety of marketing tools including brochures, leaflets, newsletters, magazines, prospectus, and photography and videography.
- Perform any other relevant tasks as and when asked by the supervisor.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Undergraduate Degree in Marketing, Social Sciences or related