|Date Posted:||Jul 20, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jul 26, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Exchangerzone Microfinance Co. is the Afghanistan first and largest microfinance institution, and financial services company founded by Investone Corps. Inc. in Kabul. Investone Corps, Inc. is a holding company founded by States Corps Engineering which has office in Virginia, USA, and other countries of the region. The company is duly registered with Afghanistan Investment Support Agency (ASIA), De Afghanistan Bank (DAB), Microfinance Investment Facility for Afghanistan (MISFA) and Ministry of Finance (MOF). We are the first company in Afghanistan outside the banking industry to offer microfinance, banking, investment, and financial services. Our main businesses are credit and prepaid credit cards, Microfinance Services, investment products & services, travel insurance & services, banking and other financial services. Exchangerzone is dedicated to focus on serving the comprehensive needs of individuals and businesses with high quality and value pricing. The company with a core staff of experienced national and international professionals and an expert team approaches to most financial services and projects within and outside Afghanistan.
A successful Marketing officer must have great enthusiasm for all things marketing and great knowledge of relevant techniques and principles. The ideal candidate will also be an excellent communicator and will have experience in managing different marketing ventures.
The goal is to ensure that the marketing efforts of the company add the highest value to its business. The Marketing Officer oversees the company’s marketing campaigns both internally and externally and plays a key part in communicating the organization’s marketing & sales message.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Contribute and assist our team in the implementation of marketing campaigns.
2. Support the marketing manager and marketing team in daily tasks and deadlines.
3. Attend marketing activities and events to raise brand awareness.
4. Support advertising and promotional campaigns for products or services on a variety of media (social, print etc.). Paying attention to translation details.
5. Cooperate with vendors.
6. Preparing content for marketing materials.
7. Conduct market research to identify opportunities for promotion and growth.
8. To manage and coordinate all sales and marketing, advertising and promotional staff and activities.
9. To survey and analysis current market conditions and competitor information.
10. To make, review and regular report on all sales and marketing activities.
11. To assist (Line Manager) to determine and manage the marketing budget.
12. To assist (Line Manager) for developing price, discount and incentive strategies.
13. To assist (Line Manager) for better inter departmental interaction mainly with Finance, Logistic and Operations departments.
14. To conduct regular visit with customers to generate new sales or retain customers.
15. To support Business development/Marketing department in respect of best filing and record keeping.
16. Any other tasks given by line manager.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines and other latest technologies deemed appropriate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. An energetic and physically well employee is needed.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, and regular hours of work and days are Saturday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.; however, this position can regularly require long hours and frequent weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected. The position may also requires travel to provinces and outside countries.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
BSc/BA in business administration, marketing, communications or relevant field.
1. Excellent oral and written communication in Dari, Pashto & English.
Demonstrates strong knowledge with MS-Office suite of software applications and tools, including: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and MS-Outlook.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
The employee should be able to furnish two individuals as a guarantor for attesting the social worthiness of the employee.
3 years of professional experience with recognized companies. Private sectors experience especially in banking, microfinance or finance is highly desirable.
1. Good understanding of the market, marketing and financial sector in Afghanistan.
2. Excellent knowledge of MS Office and marketing software.
3. Thorough understanding of social media.
4. Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
5. Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
6. Creativity and commercial awareness.
7. A team player with a customer-oriented approach.
9. Fluent in English, Dari and Pashto.