|Date Posted:||Apr 17, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Apr 27, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Aeroparcel, Inc.:
Aeroparcel® is the first and largest Afghan mail, courier and parcel services. Aeroparcel® is committed to modernize the mail, courier and parcel services in Afghanistan. Within four years of operations Aeroparcel® plans to be the market share- leader of mail, courier and parcel services of Afghanistan and the region. Aeroparcel® offers highly competitive products, services and customer experience, and we are committed to continuously improving these offering for all our mail, courier and parcel customers. With the customer at the center of everything we do, we are working hard to ensure that Aeroparcel® services are safe, express and affordable. The main business of Aeroparcel® are mail services, courier services and parcel services within and outside Afghanistan.
To develop and implement marketing & sales policies, standards and strategies as well as take responsibility for marketing & sales campaigns and projects within the company. The candidate is responsible for business development activities in Kabul and abroad. He/she is an essential part of the business development and responsible for all the activities related to business development of Aeroparcel and building market awareness of Aeroparcel services and maintaining awareness of market trends and emerging demands.
Marketing & sales managers are responsible for developing, implementing and executing strategic marketing & sales plans for an entire organization (or lines of business and brands within an organization) in order to attract potential customers and retain existing ones. Driving new business revenues through the acquisition of servicing new clients. He will also be tasked with dealing with Corporate Clients, cross selling and up selling to grow and develop business. He will be responsible for profit and loss, (team) revenue target and ensuring all KPI’s are met.
With responsibility for both business development and marketing this role requires an individual capable of driving new business opportunities. You will be able to demonstrate a diverse range of sales skills to include business development, account management, networking and excellent presentation skills. This opportunity offers directorship and therefore requires an individual with experience of the courier industry.
You will be a self-starter that wants the opportunity to make the difference and as you will be in a highly visible role within a dynamic growing.
The position requires work to develop areas such as sales management, product development, distribution channel management, marketing communications, including advertising and promotions, pricing, market research, and customer service. To sum up, the marketing & sales manager position is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive internal and external marketing & sales plan that would increase revenues and profits. This position is expected to uphold the mission and values established by the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. To provide clear direction of the marketing objectives by translating business performance objectives and measures into clear and concise communication.
2. Managing all marketing for the company and activities within the marketing department.
3. Developing the marketing strategy for the company in line with company objectives.
4. Co-coordinating marketing campaigns with sales activities. Overseeing the company’s marketing budget.
5. Creation and publication of all marketing material in line with marketing plans.
6. Planning and implementing promotional campaigns.
7. Manage and improve lead generation campaigns, measuring results.
8. Execute research on customer satisfaction and brand performance e.g. through customer surveys.
9. Monitor competitor marketing activities and produce a monthly report on impact and actions to protect market share
10. To develop and execute marketing plans and programs, both short and long term, to ensure the profit growth and expansion of Aeroparcel couriers and supply chain products and services.
11. Budget management for advertising, campaigns and marketing spend.
12. Be the company expert on corporate identity and manage all collateral thereof.
13. To ensure effective control of marketing results and that corrective action takes place to be certain that the achievement of marketing objectives are within designated budgets.
14. To evaluate market reactions to advertising programs and product packaging and formulation to ensure the timely adjustment of marketing strategy and plans to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
15. To recommend changes in basic structure and organization of marketing group to ensure the effective fulfillment of objectives assigned to it and provide the flexibility to move swiftly in relation to marketing problems and opportunities.
16. Implement and maintain sales structures and strategies that contribute to and enhance achievement of company’s profitability, revenue growth and market share objectives
17. Manage all aspects of the day to day sales function for the Courier Service from entry into our sales system to the month end close process and the generation of relevant sales reports.
18. Preparation and submission of sales reports and MIS to head office.
19. Ensure divisional sales reports are in compliance with policy guidelines on group sales standards
20. Manage yearly sales and marketing reports and business plans.
21. Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
22. Implements national sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
23. Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
24. Establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
25. Completes national sales operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
26. Maintains national sales staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
27. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines and other latest technologies deemed appropriate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. An energetic and physically well employee is needed.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, and regular hours of work and days are Saturday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.; however, this position can regularly require long hours and frequent weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected. The position also requires travel to provinces and outside countries.
please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is preferred in Marketing, Sales, Communications, Public Relations or related business qualification with 3-5 years experience to work as a Marketing & Sales Manager, a professional who drives a company's growth by generating new business opportunities and should be well-versed in critical thinking and strategic planning for future development is a key part of this job description.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
The employee should be able to furnish two individuals as a guarantor for attesting the social worthiness of the employee.
Demonstrates strong knowledge with MS-Office suite of software applications and tools,
Including: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and MS. Project, MS-Outlook
Above average personal computing skills, backed up by disciplined sales force automation
habits and experience.
1. English, Pashto and Dari effective Skills
2. Business Acumen
3. Market Analysis
4. Strategic Thinking
5. Customer/Client Focus.
6. Communication Proficiency.
7. Team Building & Leadership
8. Time Management.