|Date Posted:||Aug 26, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Sep 18, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Fazilat Consulting seeks a Master Trainer for Tajiran-e Jawan (TJ)/ Young Entrepreneurs Program, passionate about entrepreneurship and youth, ready for a challenge, for immediate hire. Applicants should have a minimum of 4 to 5 years training experience and personal knowledge of owning and operating businesses. S/He should be able to encourage and nurture the creativity and resourcefulness of TJâ€™s students
The Master Trainer is responsible for all TJ trainer and student training activities, and the mentorship and internship programs. S/He is devoted to entrepreneurship education at TJ through the following channels: implementing training courses for TJ trainers and students, and at partner institutions; supporting and coordinating training staff; developing and ensuring the quality of curricula; and advocating for students and TJ-affiliated youth.
The Master Trainer shall report to the TJ Program Manager .
Duties & Responsibilities:
COORDINATING TRAINING COURSES
(1) Organizing entrepreneurship training courses, including (but not limited to):
â€¢ Organizing and supervising admissions to training courses.
â€¢ Assigning suitable trainers to run training courses.
â€¢ Ensuring that training courses take place on a frequent and regular basis.
â€¢ Creating innovative ways for training courses to be available to different youth demographics and accessible to a wide range of students.
(2) Working with partner schools and institutions to develop and launch entrepreneurship training courses, including (but not limited to):
â€¢ Integrating entrepreneurship into existing partner schoolsâ€™ curricula.
â€¢ Training teachers at partner schools to facilitate entrepreneurship training courses.
(3) Coordinate pre- and post-training evaluations to determine if intended training objectives have been met
(4) Develop evaluation tools for trainers and trainings
(5) Prepare training reports to be shared with Program Manager and donors
OVERSIGHT AND TRAINING OF TRAINING STAFF
(1) Drawing up overall TOT Plan and training the trainers
(2) Vigilant supervision of trainers in all of their capacities. These capacities include (but are not limited to):
â€¢ Training students in entrepreneurship courses.
â€¢ Mentoring students throughout entrepreneurship courses and as they start and develop their own businesses.
â€¢ Facilitating and supporting students in the internship program.
(3) Assisting trainers in fulfilling all of their duties and responsibilities, including through conducting training courses for hired trainers.
(4) Assisting with the hire and termination (if necessary) of all training staff, including (but not limited to):
â€¢ Recommending trainers and training assistants for initial hire.
â€¢ Recommending dismissal and/or suspension, if necessary, of any hired trainers or training assistants.
â€¢ Determining grounds for dismissal and/or suspension for hired trainers and training assistants and notifying them of these conditions.
(5) Ensuring that trainers forge and sustain positive, professional, and meaningful relations with students, alumni, and affiliated young entrepreneurs.
(6) Maintaining logistical order for the activities of the training staff.
COORDINATION OF MENTORSHIP AND INTERNSHIP PROGRAMS
(1) Creating selection processes to identify students and alumni to participate in the programs
(2) Selecting and training trainers and volunteers as effective mentors
(3) Selecting and training trainers and teachers as advisors and facilitators to the internship program
(4) Structuring the mentorship and internship programs, which include (but are not limited to):
â€¢ Matching students to the mentors and internships,
â€¢ Developing and implementing systems for regular and frequent meetings between the students and mentors/ internship advisors.
â€¢ Implementing effective monitoring, evaluations, feedback and corrections mechanisms for both programs.
(1) Maintaining contact for up to two years with every single training course graduate and participant in the mentorship and internship programs.
(2) Meeting regularly with current training course students, participants in the mentorship program, and participants in the internship program to ensure professionalism and quality of services offered.
(3) Seeking out promising students and securing channels of educational, financial, and social support for them.
(4) Communicating with students about appropriate feedback mechanisms.
(5) Actively monitoring (sitting in on) classes, mentorship meetings, and internship program group meetings.
(1) Creating basic training course curricula for courses of different lengths, specialties, and target audiences.
(2) Update, amend and revise curricula when necessary
(3) Developing, improving, expanding, and ensuring the quality of, all curricula.
(4) Integrating course curricula into programs at partner schools and institutions.
(5) Ensuring quality of all curricular material on the Tajiran-e Jawan website.
ESTABLISHING MECHANISMS FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION
Work with the Program Manager to:
(1) Maintain positive relations with partner schools and institutions.
(2) Organize networking events and group activities between students.
(3) Identify promising students for whom to create online profiles through which they can communicate directly with investors.
(4) Find and secure prominent speakers to engage in lecture and seminar series.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
Must possess a Degree in Education or Business Management, with a strong emphasis on Finance and Entrepreneurship, from a reputable University. Additional requirements:
(1) Minimum 4-5 years experience of training and workshop facilitation
(2) Familiar with designing curriculum and training methodologies
(3) Experience with experiential learning methodologies
(4) Good computer skills
(5) Fluent in Dari (written and spoken); Good English language abilities
(6) Preference to candidates with personal experience of starting and running business ventures
(1) Possess an entrepreneurial spirit
(2) Be a critical and analytical thinker
(3) Be a natural networker with strong communications and interpersonal skills
(4) Possess diplomacy and tact; able to interact with individuals at all organizational levels
(5) Team-player with the ability to encourage and motivate people
(6) Possess the ability to identify and resourcefully solve problems
(7) Be an inspiring leader with a good sense of humor