|Date Posted:||Feb 8, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Feb 11, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Women for Afghan Women:
Women for Afghan Women, a civil society NGO in Afghanistan dedicated to promoting and protecting the human rights of women and children, will be opening a residence for children currently living with their mothers in the Kabul Prison. We are seeking a manager for this facility, which is a pilot program unique in Afghanistan. All staff working for Women for Afghan Women in any capacity must believe wholeheartedly in womenâ€™s and child rights and gender equality and must pledge their dedication to improving the status of women and children in Afghanistan. Staff in the Childrenâ€™s Residence must be willing to work with children whose mothers (and some fathers) are in prison and who may have lived in prison with their mothers over long periods of time. They must be dedicated to providing these children with a healthy, nurturing environment in order to give them the opportunity to become well-adjusted, productive adults. They must demonstrate that they can be supportive, positive, and non-judgmental in their approach to the most challenging problems related to these children, and they must demonstrate the same qualities toward women (mothers) in prison and mothers who are being released from prison and whose lives are being rehabilitated.
Conducting need assessment of interrelated sector's staff and other target groups to address their learning needs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Conducting need assessment of interrelated sector's staff and other target groups to address their learning needs.
2. Assist project coordinator in establishing coordination with interrelated sectors.
3. Preparing and developing action and training plan for training activities.
4. Assist with project coordinator in developing Counter-human trafficking manual and training materials.
5. Preparing training plans for courses.
6. Preparing of required useful training aids and materials.
7. Conduct evaluation of training sessions.
8. Keep record of all training documents.
9. Prepares weekly and monthly plan and report of the activities.
10. Assist project coordinator in developing and dissemination of IEC materials.
11. Able to work overtime on weekends or holidays required by the supervisor or program.
12. It is required to be adaptable for larger tasks not specified in this framework.
â€¢ Minimum three years experience in teaching/instructing, preferably to adults;
â€¢ Bachelor degree in related field, (degree in law is an asset).
â€¢ Fluent in both Dari and Pashto languages
â€¢ Solid translation skills (From Dari into Pashto and vice versa).
â€¢ Good interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and in a team;
â€¢ Strong organization and data management skills;
â€¢ Excellent communication and networking skills;
â€¢ Energetic and efficient, results oriented.