|Date Posted:||Nov 30, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Dec 15, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 6 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghan Social Marketing Organization (ASMO):
Afghan Social Marketing Organization (ASMO) is a social marketing and behavioral change communication organization established in August 2008. ASMO is a free-standing, not-for-profit Afghan organization that aims to create positive health outcomes by giving Afghan households the information they need to make informed and healthy choices and expanding access to high-quality health products through commercial markets.
From its inception to date ASMO successfully implemented multimillion Dollar projects in Afghanistan through sub-awards sponsored by USAID focusing to improve maternal and child health outcomes through the private sector.
The Master Trainer manages a team of provider detailers; contributes in the development of training strategy, guidelines, and job aids; trains private sector health providers (doctors, midwives, and pharmacists) on FP/MNCH products; and contributes to the new product development process.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Contribute in the development of training strategy, guidelines, and job aids.
• Assists in developing/implementing a cohesive product marketing strategy across the maternal
and child health products
• Facilitates/coordinates new product development process with relevant department inside
ASMO and with relevant MoPH department
• Works in close collaboration with other departments (Sales, M&E, Procurement) to ensure
smooth implementation of maternal and child health products work plan
• Conducts/facilitates training/workshops for private-sector health providers (Obe/Gyn
pediatricians, general practitioners, midwives, and pharmacists) on maternal and child health
• Holds orientation sessions for sales agents and provider detailers on maternal and child health
products to upgrade their knowledge on those products
• Leads recruitment and training of provider detailers
• Oversees detailing activities and provides constructive feedback and on the job training/support
to provider detailers
• Develop/Adopt curriculum and job aids for required maternal and child health products as
• Assist marketing and M&E teams in conducting market assessment and pretest of
print/promotion materials for maternal and child health products
• Prepares weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reports of training, detailing, and beauty parlor activities
• Perform any other task and duties as assigned by line manager
Education: Medical Degree with specialization in obstetrics/ gynecology from a recognized medical university. A Master's degree in public health is preferable.
Technical skills: Experience in product marketing & training are strongly preferred
Industry experience: At least 5 years of experience as a master trainer and/or training manager in maternal and child health programs with national/international organizations
Management skills: Articulate, professional, and able to prioritize work
Personal qualities: Be self-motivated and able to work in multi-cultural settings
Technology skills: Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Language skills: Fluent in Dari and Pashto. Excellent oral and written English language skills.