|Date Posted:||Sep 8, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 28, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade FAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
About Ministery of Energy and Water:
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Energy & Water has received a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of Irrigation Restoration and Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this “grant” to payments for hiring the services of following qualified national individual consultants.
Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Request for “Expressions of Interest” for National Individual Consultants
Organization: Project Coordination Unit (PCU)
Project: Irrigation Restoration and Development Project (IRDP)
Reference No.: MEW/PCU/REOI/02
Announcement Date: 08-SEP-2019 closing Date: 28-SEP-2019
Nationality: Afghanistan Duration: one year (Likely to be extended)
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Energy & Water has applied for a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of Irrigation Restoration and Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this “grant” to payments for hiring the services of following qualified national individual consultants.
Provinces to travel:
Related computer knowledge MS Office.
· Experience of working in a similar job in the mechanical technician is an additional asset Working knowledge of English and good command of national languages (Pashtu/ Dari) required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Be in charge of the operation and maintenance of 15- 20 stream gauges/months
· Inspect and prepare assessment report including recommendations for mechanical parts under operation.
· Calibrate the Hydro-met equipment including current meters.
· In collaboration with the supplier, prepare a routine maintenance manual in local language for all cableways
· Conduct on the Job Trainings on relevant issues for field hydrologists.
· While at the gauge station, verify instrument accuracy and make the necessary repairs to the equipment at the gauge as need be.
· Upon completion of their field visits, prepare and complete the stream flow calculation and analysis.
· Preparation mechanical O&M manual.
· Any other activities required by Supervisor.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· At least have a bachelor degree/diploma in Mechanical Engineering
· A minimum two years of work experience in similar structures requiring mechanical Technicians engineering.