|Date Posted:||Feb 7, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Feb 9, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Technologists, Inc. (Ti):
Founded in 1999 and headquartered near Washington, D.C., Technologists, Inc (Ti) provides a portfolio of engineering and management services to public and private sectors world-wide. We provide exceptional design, engineering, construction, and operations services that ensure powerful solutions for our clients. With projects in multiple countries, we employ 4000â€“4500 people daily. Entrepreneurs and early adopters by nature, we believe in investing in the local and international economy
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Discussing and solving complex problems with co-workers, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers
2. Monitoring and commissioning plant and other Mechanical systems
3. Operations and Maintenance planning and training for the mechanical Systems
4. Managing projects Mechanical works using engineering principles and techniques
5. Review provisions that have been made to provide required control inspection and testing. .
6. Perform daily checks to assure control activities, including testing and compliance.
7. Conduct all completion inspections â€“ punch-out, pre-final and final acceptance.
8. Check to assure all materials and /equipment have been tested, submitted and approved.
9. Exam the work area to assure that all required preliminary work has been completed and is in compliance with the contract.
10. Writing preparatory and Initial Checklist for entire electrical features
11. Proposing modifications and retesting products;
12. Designing and conducting tests;
13. Attending meetings on site;
14. Write commissioning procedures for electrical installations;
15. Reading design specifications and technical drawings;
16. Ensure full compliance with contract requirements and resolve all differences.
17. To review the specification, design and as-built drawings
18. To inspect construction activities and establish testing requirements
19. To document non-conforming items or conditions and ensure corrective measures have been implemented
20. To substantiate the quality of materials and workmanship by testing and inspection.
21. Ensure that projects are completed to a satisfactory standard.
22. Review all submittals to insure compliance with the plans and specification
23. Inspect all material delivered, at the time of receipt, to ensure compliance with submittals, specifications,
Plans and/or shop drawings.
1. Five years of work experiences in Mechanical works of the projects in the US Army Corps of Engineers Engineering projects.
2. BS. Degree of Mechanical Engineering is required.
3. Knowledge of international standard (ASHTO, ACI Code, ASTM etc), construction materials, laboratory equipments and testing
4. Working knowledge of MS Office suite,
5. Fluent in Dari, Pashto and English, both written and verbal.
6. Proven organizational, negotiation and problem solving skills.