|Date Posted:||May 10, 2017|
|Closing Date:||May 14, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||2 months|
About Shayan Media Service:
The Media Analyst will primarily monitor Pashto-language media and will provide up to eight synopsis and summary reports on a daily basis. The incumbent will summarize newspaper editorials, reports, articles, TV reports, and TV talk shows.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Media Analyst will undertake the following duties on a daily basis:
1. Provide synopsis of Pashto newspaper editorials
2. Provide synopsis of Pashto-language reports
3. Provide synopsis of Pashto-language articles
4. Monitor Pashto TV channels and provide reports
5. Provide readouts of exclusive interviews
6. Provide synopsis of TV talk shows
7. As assigned by the supervisor, translate Dari/English materials to Pashto or vice versa
Bachelor in Journalism, political science, or law
Must be able to write reports in English with minimal need for editing.
Should be proactive and able to work under pressure.
Should be flexible and work late hours. (Time of duty will be between 2:00 pm – 10:00 pm)
Be creative, energetic, reliable, and full of initiative.
Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English, Dari and Pashto.
Ability to meet deadline is a must.
Ability to work under pressure and during public holidays.
At least three years of experience in journalism, media monitoring, or written translation in a credible organization.
English editing experience will be a plus.