|Date Posted:||Jul 12, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jul 20, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About National Security Council:
Office of National Security Council (ONSC) is a strategic coordinating entity of national defense and national security organizations of the country that operates in the following working sectors; • Leading and managing the secretariat of national security; • Strategically coordinating the national defensive and security sectors; • Arranging the affairs related to the office of Chief Commander of Security Forces; • Investigating the information and strategic threats for the purpose of national security interests (from one until five years); • Solidifying relations with media from national security perspective; • Supporting the peace and reconciliation process; • Consolidating and coordinating security of the President; • Monitoring proper implementation of policies, presidential decrees, and minutes of National Security Council.
The objective of Media and Cultural Affairs Advisor is to develop and present cultural policies and related standards documents to relevant line entities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The individual would be responsible for the following activities:
1. Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual work plan according to the related directorate work plan in order to achieve planed goals;
2. Decompose and analyze of cultural issues within the framework of national security and develop cultural strategies and schemes in the support of NSC decisions in collaboration with related governmental and non-governmental organizations with the assistance of relevant experts;
3. Study cultural threats to national security and provide suggestions and recommendations for countering potential threats in collaboration with relevant experts;
4. Conduct inter-ministerial coordination towards implementation of government cultural plans and inform NSC leadership of potential security threats associated with cultural affairs;
5. Presenting efficient schemes to NSC leadership to improve cultural status and mitigate cultural threats to national security;
6. Conduct regular assessment of cultural status of Afghan tribes for the sake of maintaining national unity and present on time precise reports to the leadership of NSC;
7. Find durable solution to counter challenges and to empower institutions serving cultural activities in accordance with related organizations.
8. Identify budget requirements, according to work plan of related department for advancement of programs;
9. Conduct performance appraisal for all their staff according to the requirements of the civil service law and with coordination of the HR directorate;
10. Preparing monthly, quarterly, annually reports and if required, briefs the activities and achievements of the related directorates to the senior officials.
11. Manage staff under control to ensure that they are effectively, motivated, developed, disciplined and trained in order that they can carry out their tasks to the required standard.
12. Conduct any duty as required by higher authorities in accordance with laws, regulations and objectives of the office.
The Media and Cultural Affairs Advisor would have the following qualification and experience:
Shall have at-least a bachelor degree from a reputed institution in media, anthropology, psychology, journalism or master degree in relevant field is a plus;
Shall have 4 years work experience in media, Afghan culture or, in a related field;
Shall be fluent in communicating in Pashto, Dari, and English languages;
Shall be proficient in computer applications;
Shall be able to plan, organize, lead and monitor a large section;
Shall be competent and have aptitude in managing operations;
Shall have excellent inter-personal skills;
Shall have ability to deal with a variety of people and situations;
Shall have flexibility and ability to work under stress and within limited time frames.