|Date Posted:||Aug 24, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Sep 14, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
1. Undertake Public Relation activities related to NRAP, in particular with involved ministries.
2. Assist with the implementation of the NRAP Communication and Public Relations Strategy.
3. Provide assistance in responding to requests about information on NRAP.
4. Draft news releases, statements and speeches, brochures, and other public information material.
5. Draft briefs, periodical reports and statistical data on status of programme/project activities.
6. Participate in the organization of conferences, seminars, workshops, training sessions and meetings.
7. Assemble basic data required for the dissemination of information about NRAP, for planning and for monitoring programme/project activities.
8. Follow-up on delayed documents, clarify information, and answer questions about clearance and processing requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Specific duties and activities in his/her capacity as Media Reporter are the following:
1. Cooperate with the finalization and implementation of the NRAP communication and PR strategy.
2. Cooperate with the preparation of a NRAP Communications and PR (CPR) work plan and budget
3. Study and review documents and other information available at the NCU relevant to his/her assignment.
4. Cooperate in responding to requests for information about NRAP and the NCU.
5. Cooperate with the improvement of the internal NCU communication structure and the promotion of its implementation.
6. Cooperate with the development and implementation of a standardized and harmonized set of internal and external set of communication tools and instruments (like newsletter, brochure, pamphlets, radio bulletins, TV spots, website etc.)
7. Cooperate in communicating NRAPâ€™s purpose, structure, activities and outputs through workshops, meetings, press releases, seminars, newsletters, pamphlets, brochures, website, posters, information kits, radio bulletins and TV spots etc. to the different targeted audiences.
8. Cooperate in coordinating and harmonizing NRAPâ€™s communication strategy and work plan with relevant communication activities undertaken or planned by other stakeholders (ministries, Implementing Consultancy, donors, other information providers, etc.)
9. Cooperate with the preparation and distribution of the various internal and external NRAP communication tools
10. Conduct independently edit of radio bulletins and TV spots under supervision of the PRCU Officer.
11. Perform any other duties assigned by his or her Supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
The Media Reporter should have:
1. A Bachelorâ€™s degree in Journalism and other a relevant fields;
2. At least 2 years of relevant and progressive experience in the fields of Media Reporting / journalism and a demonstrated proficiency in, Dari, Pashto and English in reading, writing and in speaking and translation to each other
3. Professional working knowledge of audiovisual editing equipment.
4. Good knowledge of relevant software applications, including Adobe Premiere, Cool Edit, Photo Shop, MS Word, MS Excel and other MS-based editing and document lay-out applications;
5. Prior professional experience in an Independent and Government developmental Organizations
6. Familiarity with rural engineering vocabulary.