|Date Posted:||Sep 7, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 19, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||10 - 11 Years|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children:
The French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) was founded in 2006 is a unique public-private partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan and France, a French NGO – La Chaine de L’Espoir/Enfants Afghans and the Aga Khan Development Network through the Aga Khan University Hospital. FMIC embodies a sign of hope for the medical care mothers and children in Kabul. The Institute has risen to the challenge of charting a course towards sustainable health solutions for Afghanistan. It is the first ISO certified hospital in Afghanistan, aiming to provide compassionate, accessible, cost-effective, high quality care services to the population of Afghanistan. Currently the hospital provides161-bed inpatient care for children and adults, including 15 beds for pediatric intensive care, 17 bed adult cardiac care with a state of art cardiac catheterization laboratory, 52 new beds for maternal care, 63 beds allocated for pediatric medical and surgical units and a 14 bed neonatal intensive care unit. Six operation theatres, a department of radiology which includes CT-Scan and MRI capabilities, a state-of-the-art laboratory, a 24 hour pharmacy service and outpatient services for the adult population in medical and surgical specialties. FMIC also runs a Postgraduate Medical Education considering a training hub for healthcare professionals. Through its e-Health programme, FMIC offers telemedicine and eLearning services to hospitals in Bamyan, Badakhshan and Kandahar in Afghanistan and Khorog in Tajikistan. FMIC is working towards expansion of its health services towards establishing a comprehensive 400 bed Academic Medical Complex in Kabul, which will serve not only the Afghan population but Central Asia as well, as a medical Center of excellence.”
The incumbent recruit and manage physicians and various non-medical personnel. Along with senior management, examines and coordinate various practice activities to guarantee the medical quality of the facility. He or she is also responsible for the training, continuing education and promotion of subordinate staff. Additional duties include managing of Medical Division budget, liaising with other medical or non-medical departments and ensuring the compliance of the Medical Division.
Requires travel to provinces:
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skill
· Excellent computer skills specially in MS Office program
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Building of medical staff and promote research activities in the medical services.
· Introducing quality incentives and quality management within the medical services
· Ensuring having excellent working relationships with Afghan Health Authorities and related ministries and maintain business relation with other hospitals/NGOs.
· Developing, implementing and monitoring medical policies, procedures and systems and provide strategic leadership to the department heads in the medical services.
· Creating an atmosphere of teamwork through consensus building and participate with all members of Departments and sections, develop a multi years program plan consistent with the mission of the FMIC.
· Developing a culture for quality care and assure safe practices.
· Developing harmony between the academic full time and the non-full time faculty members; clarify the functions of both to create mutual understanding.
· Assisting in the recruitment and retention of well-qualified clinical and academic specialists.
· Facilitating safe clinical practices, which are cost effective through implementation of clinical governance framework and clinical programs.
· Coordinating efficient sharing of common resources such as critical care facilities and diagnostic facilities, as well as strategic planning and assigning budget for staff, equipment and facilities.
· Reviewing patient complaints and ensure a satisfactory resolution thereof with proper corrective and preventive actions.
· Creating effective and ongoing programs to monitor, evaluate and improve the quality of care and services.
· Any other assignment defined by the CEO.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· MD and specialist in Medical from a recognized university/ institute. Medical Specialist with Master’s Degree in Business Administration Hospital Management will be given preference.
· Minimum of 10 years of experience in medical management with well-known healthcare organization.