|Date Posted:||Apr 5, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Apr 16, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
The medical doctor is needed for Mirzaka and Ahmad Khial BHCs
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provide curative services to patients according to BPHS.
2. Support the provision of primary health care within the community.
3. Counsel and educate patients, the family and community, in relevant areas of health.
4. Obtain specialized assistance as necessary (consultation or referral)
5. Share knowledge, skill and expertise with medical, midwifery and all professional staff concerning their job requirements.
6. Perform limited, select administrative duties such as patient charting, recording and reporting of data, clinic and/or facility management, or coordination of specific educational programs.
7. Follow established departmental policies, procedures and objectives; continuous quality improvement initiative; safety, environmental, and infection prevention standards.
8. Identify and report immediately any problems, which interfere in the delivery of services or in achieving the program objectives to his/her immediate supervisor or to office.
9. Identify and report immediately any suspected epidemic cases to provincial office.
10. Participate in weekly meeting of health facility and office medical meeting to share information and discuss the program progress.
11. Responsible to make monthly HMIS report and others as needed.
12. Dosage, investigate and manage complication of pregnancy, ante-partum hemorrhage, post-partum hemorrhage, eclampsia etc.
13. Participate in provision of maternity service after the regular service hours if necessary.
14. Responsible for MHC section at absence of midwife.
1. Degree from Intermediate Medical Institute or equivalent to that in midwifery.
2. Clinical experience ( At least 3 years)
3. Good knowledge of written and spoken Dari and Pashto is desirable.
4. NGO experience â€“ Desirable
5. local staff highly appreciated to apply