|Date Posted:||May 10, 2022|
|Closing Date:||May 16, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 - 2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF):
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion, and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values, and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevent. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits, consultations, and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care of the quality, disinfection, and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients' illness, or medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment, or material
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks, and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary
- Give regular feedback to the line manager and report directly any issue or incident.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
Education: Medical Diploma – essential.
Experience: Experience in pediatric patient management – desirable
- Dari/Pashtu: oral and written essential
- English: oral and written desirable
FULL TIME / SCHEDULE: 176 HOURS PER MONTH - DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE POSITION THE CANDIDATE MUST BE WILLING AND CAPABLE OF SOMETIMES WORKING OUTSIDE REGULAR OFFICE HOURS
SALARY WILL BE PAID ACCORDING TO THE MSF SALARY GRID