|Date Posted:||Sep 24, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Oct 3, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||7|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||5 month(s)|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
The overall scope of work for medical doctor is supervise mobile team, OPD, and referral cases of suspected Covid-19 and activities of Covid-19 response in each team, line with the project standard and work plan of project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reports to Technical/Health supervisor
· Collaborates with health team of CARE and provincial health directorate
- Actively contributes to Project Team Meetings, to ensure that the project interventions are implemented in effective and efficient manner and the project goal and objectives are met
KEY RESULT EXPECTED
- Clinical examination of all patients with signs of ARI and Covid-19 or presenting complication.
- Prescribe routine and basic treatments according the protocol used in respecting the drug dosage based on standard protocol
- Refer suspect Cvid-19 cases to high level health facilities which selected by MoPH
- Adapt and change of medical treatment as required for suspected cases of covid-19 and respiratory infection diseases
- Work in collaboration with the psychosocial consular and community mobilizer to ensure quality medical care provision.
- Work as a member of the team, taking in consideration the non-medical problems encountered by the patients (feeding and caring problems).
- Complete and properly fill the individual OPD register with the medical information.
- Distribution of medicine according the diagnosis to ARI cases
- Follow up program defaulters and provides treatment or refer to HFs.
- Compile weekly and monthly reports and share with line manager timely.
- Assist the mobile team on gathering monthly reporting data from supported HFs
- Participate in the mobilization campaigns and collect the report form the community mobilizer and psychosocial consular
- Raise regularly supply request to line manager and ensure securing of mobile team supplies including IPC.
- Work in collaboration with the mobile team members to achieve CARE, AHF and MoH goal.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
COMPETENCE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- MD from a recognized university accepted by Ministry of Higher Education of Afghanistan. Desirable degree in Public Health.
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant work experience as Medical doctor in the health in humanitarian sector
- Experience with monitoring tools and systems in the health and nutrition sectors
- English, Pashtu and Dari skills are required.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Commitment to CARE principles.
- Comply with all relevant CARE policies and procedures.
- Experience in trainings and capacity building / development of staff is desirable.
- Ability and willingness to travel and stay work time at service delivery point