|Date Posted:||Jul 18, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Aug 8, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF):
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion, and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
Implement gynecological and obstetrician procedures, performing any other prior treatment required, during or immediately after a woman has given birth in order to improve women’s reproductive health and to reduce pregnancy, delivery and neonatology risks This will be done in accordance with MSF policies, protocols and universal hygiene standards and in multidisciplinary collaboration with other medical doctors and midwife services,
Duties & Responsibilities:
Provide health care related to gynecology and obstetrics to patients, including prevention, diagnosis and treatment
- Ensure the implementation of MSF clinical policies, tools, guidelines and protocols related to gynecology and obstetrics in order to minimize clinical risk and to extend best reproductive practices
- In collaboration with other medical colleagues, carry out the collection of quantitative gynecological data and ensure exhaustive use of management tools in order to improve gynecological results and to share knowledge among other field specialists
- Plan and supervise the HR associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the gynecological staff in order to ensure both an efficient sizing and the amount of knowledge required, to improve people’s capabilities and their active participation in influencing the targeted population using preventive practices. This will be done in close coordination with the HR department
- Supervise the maintenance and running of the gynecological equipment and drug consumption, preparing new orders when required and ensuring its rational use as well as that pharmacy stock level is permanently updated and available. This will be done in cooperation with the pharmacist and logistic staff, the management
- Give regular feedback to the line manager and report directly any issue or incident
- Perform hands on tasks as part of the team whenever required or needed in order to optimize the resources and to contribute with his/her knowledge and experience
- Participate in monthly reports according to guidelines
Minimum Requirements and Competencies
- Essential: Medical Doctor diploma
- Essential: Specialised diploma in Obstetrics/Gynaecology
- Essential: Dari/Pashtu: oral and written
- Essential: English: oral and written
- Other experience in gynecologist position are desirable
For this position, MSF will offer a relocation package for the candidates that do not live in Khost.
Here the main points of the relocation package (the details will be discussed during the last step of the recruitment process).
- Accommodation allowance (to cover a part of the rent for a house outside the compound where the candidate can live with her family) or MSF provide accommodation for the staff selected (only for the staff no for the familiars))
- Transportation to Kabul: At the end and beginning of contract; Every 3 months for a week of leaves: For the circumstantial leaves
Working hours and salary
Shift work during the day, night and weekends
Salary will be paid according to the MSF salary grid
Job Location:Afghanistan, Khost
The interested candidates should submit their applications before the 08th of August at 4 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details and with supporting documents (certificates, diplomas etc.) to Médecins Sans Frontières, Administration department Khost Project via:
- E-mail MSFfirstname.lastname@example.org
- In a sealed envelope at Médecins Sans Frontières Administration department MSF Khost Maternity Hospital, Matun Road 9, Khost City
The reference MEDICAL DOCTOR SPECIALIST / GYNAECOLOGIST must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to MSF Administration through the recruitment contact.