|Date Posted:||Feb 22, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Mar 20, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF):
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
Organise and carry out surgery activities, ensure pre and post-operative surgical care, in accordance with MSF policies, protocols and universal hygiene standards and in close collaboration with medical staff in the emergency, intensive wards and operation theatre in order to improve patients’ health conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Coordinates the implementation of MSF clinical policies, tools, guidelines and protocols and recommendations in order to minimize clinical risks
· Undertake pre-operative consultations, evaluating the surgical risks with the anaesthetist and/or other medical staff involved, and obtaining the patient’s signed consent to operate
· Carry out emergency and programmed surgical intervention following MSF protocols and policies including swab counts, ensuring appropriate use of surgical equipment and proper OT registry entry/documentation of all OT intervention
· Carry out post-operative clinical care and ward rounds collaborating with the anaesthetist, the Operating Theatre Nurse and ward staff or other Unit Managers to ensure compliance with MSF protocols and rational use of medicines. Attend OPD, emergency room when required
· In collaboration with the anaesthetist, carry-out the collection and analysis of quantitative surgical- anaesthesia data, using post-operative observation sheets, routine data collected, patient files, operating department register, patient file, etc. to monitor quality. Monthly revue data and analyse clinical trends and comment on adverse events / poor clinical outcome
· Support organizing the operating program and with OT staff monitor use of material and equipment and advise on instrument needs and coordinates patient referral
· Put in place the emergency disaster response plan of the hospital along with the anaesthetist and the medical doctor and /or the responsible nurse and run role hospital practical rehearsals, in order to ensure the continuity of the services under any circumstance
· Knows and helps implement the accidental blood exposure policy
· Plan, evaluate, and supervise the training of the staff (emergency and the out-patient teams) in order to ensure the amount of knowledge required and to improve people diagnosing, triage, and early detection capabilities
· Supports other medical teams/wards when needed (i.e. midwifes and obstetric teams in the maternity ward, etc.)
· Give regular feedback to the line manager and report directly any issue or incident
· Perform hands on tasks as part of the team whenever required or needed in order to optimize the resources and to contribute with his/her knowledge and experience
· Participate in monthly reports according to guidelines
· Medical Doctor diploma essential
· Specialised diploma in Orthopaedic Surgery essential
· Other experience in similar position
· MSF or NGO experience desirable
· Dari/Pashtu: oral and written essential
· English: highly desirable
Working hours: Full Time 40 hours a week: 5 days a week
Salary will be paid according to the MSF salary grid
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kunduz
The interested candidates should submit their applications before the 20/03/2021 at 4 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details and copy of the tazkira to Médecins Sans Frontières, Administration department Kunduz Project via:
- E-mail : email@example.com
- In a sealed envelope at Médecins sans Frontières, Purgul street (behind ladies hostel) MSF Clinic, Kunduz City
The reference “MEDICAL DOCTOR SPECIALIST/ ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON” must be stated in the application to be valid (object of the email or on the envelope)..If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to MSF Administration through the recruitment contact.