|Date Posted:||Dec 26, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Dec 30, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||64150 AFG monthlyAFG|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF):
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
In this context, MSF is recruiting a Medical Doctor Specialized Gynaecologist for a post and to reinforce its pool of replacement.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
-Provide health care related to gynecology and obstetrics to patients, including prevention, diagnosis and treatment
- Ensure the implementation of MSF clinical policies, tools, guidelines and protocols related to gynecology and obstetrics in order to minimize clinical risk and to extend best reproductive practices
- In collaboration with other medical colleagues, carry out the collection of quantitative gynecological data and ensure exhaustive use of management tools in order to improve gynecological results and to share knowledge among other field specialists
- Plan and supervise the HR associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the gynecological staff in order to ensure both an efficient sizing and the amount of knowledge required, to improve people’s capabilities and their active participation in influencing the targeted population using preventive practices. This will be done in close coordination with the HR department
- Supervise the maintenance and running of the gynecological equipment and drug consumption, preparing new orders when required and ensuring its rational use as well as that pharmacy stock level is permanently updated and available. This will be done in cooperation with the pharmacist and logistic staff, the management
- Give regular feedback to the line manager and report directly any issue or incident
- Perform hands on tasks as part of the team whenever required or needed in order to optimize the resources and to contribute with his/her knowledge and experience
- Participate in monthly reports according to guidelines
Job Location:Afghanistan, Khost
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- Medical Doctor Diploma from a public university: essential
- Specialized diploma in Obstetrics/Gynecology: essential
- Other experience in similar position desirable
- Dari/Pashtu: oral and written: essential
- English: oral and written: strong desirable
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles: Demonstrates knowledge of and accepts MSF’s principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness: Recognizes and respects different points of view
- Behavioral Flexibility: Adapts behavior to the needs of the situation
- Stress Management: Manages own stress
- Results and Quality Orientation: Performs his/her work
- Service Orientation: Responds empathetically to clients and understands their concerns/needs
- Planning and Organizing: He/she organizes his/her work
- Teamwork and Cooperation: Acknowledges the importance of teamwork and cooperation
- Security Awareness and Management: Has a working knowledge of security guidelines and basic awareness of contextual factors and applies them to day-to-day activities and the decision making process
WORKING HOURS AND SALARY
FULL TIME / SCHEDULE
SALARY AFN 64.150,00 GROSS PER MONTH
The interested candidates should submit their applications with the CV, motivation letter, including references details and with supporting documents (certificates, diplomas etc.) to Médecins Sans Frontières, Administration department Project via:
- or in a sealed envelope to Administration department, MSF Khost Maternity Hospital, Matun Road 9, Khost City
- or in a sealed envelope at any MSF establishment in Afghanistan, addressed to MSF Khost Maternity Hospital, Matun Road 9, Khost City
The reference MEDICAL DOCTOR SPECIALIZED / GYNAECOLOGIST must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to MSF Administration through the recruitment contact.
The tasks and responsibilities mentioned in this job vacancy description are not exhaustive and other tasks or accountabilities can be required temporarily by the line manager and/or the functional manager according to the needs of the mission without a new job profile. This document can be modified over time according to changes in the organisation, the mission and/or the project. The changes will be formalized in a new job profile. The job profile is an integral part of the contract.