|Date Posted:||Nov 18, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 28, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
1: Ensure context analysis to contribute on the deliberation of strategy and positioning of MHCP-GP in Helmand province.
2: Ensure program implementation with a strong focus on technical support to MHCP-GP components of all AAH ongoing programmes in Helmand.
3: Ensure Human Resource, Logistics and budget management – with a strong focus on internal capacity building on MHCP-GP related topics.
4: Represent AAH in internal/external coordination with local authorities and partners
Duties & Responsibilities:
Objective 1: Ensure context analysis to contribute on the deliberation of strategy and positioning of MHCP-GP in Helmand province
§ Undertake systematic and thorough analysis of the humanitarian situation (needs, gaps and barriers) in Helmand; and participate in the planning of assessments in the new/existing intervention areas
§ Take notice of the sectorial orientations of national strategy and understand the implications for field of activities
§ Identify the presence and the strategic orientations of other partners in the field with a view to improving coordination and effective working.
§ Contribute to proposals for intervention (Context analysis, logical framework, budget, time scales and logistics) in collaboration with the departments concerned.
§ Ensure capitalization /data management system on MHCP-GP related information to strengthen analysis of the evolution of the situation.
Objective 2: Ensure program implementation with a strong focus on technical support to MHCP-GP components of all AAH ongoing programmes in Helmand
§ Coordination of MHCP GP’s mainstreaming and integration within other projects and sectors; and conduct regular field supervision and on the job visits to the ongoing projects;
- In collaboration with HoD, DHoD, FM, and PMs/DPMs analyze and control the technical performance of all projects;
§ Contribute to the coordination between all departments, whether technical (WaSH, Nutrition, Health, FSL, ERM), support (logistics, HR, finance) or transversal (MEAL, ACEM and security).
§ Contribute to regular updates of the SoP, tools, gender analysis and care plans for each project implementation that includes components of MHCP GP
§ Provide guidance and advice to the program teams so that emergency interventions are always justified and based on sound needs assessment and gap analysis.
- Ensures that the technical protocols, manuals, guidelines and forms used in the field are in line; with AAH validated technical tools and when available and possible, with national guidelines;
· Prepare internal and external reports for clusters, authorities, AAH and donors, including case studies and success stories.
Objective 3: Ensure Human Resource, Logistics and budget management – with a strong focus on internal capacity building on MHCP-GP related topics
- Determine staffing needs and carry out recruitment process as per established HR policies.
- Ensure that performance appraisals for all staff are done in a timeline manner, in line with ACF performance management policy
§ Identify training needs of AAH staff, prepare and facilitate/ execute the trainings – in close collaboration with AAH HoD, DHoD and PSS MT.
§ Ensure all staffs are aware and abide by security and safety guidelines of AAH
§ In collaboration with Admin/Finance manager, ensure that finance tools are updated, respected, and that procedures are followed.
§ In collaboration with Logistics manager, ensure that logistics tools are updated, respected and that procedures are followed.
Objective 4: Represent AAH in internal/external coordination with local authorities and partners
· Represent AAH at internal and external forums/ networks; establishing and maintaining contact with a range of organizations and individuals who can support the programme in the provincial level.
- Contribution and follow-up on administrative documents (MOU, handover…) jointly with governmental authorities, communities or partners
· Setting up and regularly updating the MHCP-GP actors mapping in Helmand province; ensuring regular meetings with them and physical visits to their office/activities.
· Work closely with project team, partners and relevant government departments (Education, DoWA, etc)
· Participate in sub-cluster level meetings in regional and provincial
Bachelor`s degree in psychology, psycho-social services or related field (Medical Degree, Social science, Public health) from reputed university
Minimum 3 years of experience in NGOs including at least 2 years in mental health or GBV related program
- Strong experience in project cycle management is a must
- Strong experience as a manager is a must
- Strong experience in and familiarity with protection and related issues in Afghanistan and/or emergency
- Strong experience in and familiarity with psycho-social methodology
- Good organization, planning and reporting skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skill
- Good team interaction and positive attitude
- Fluent English in speaking and writing as well as local language
Familiar with word, excel, Skype and email