|Date Posted:||Jul 22, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Aug 21, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Afghanistan Institute of Banking and Finance:
The Afghanistan Institute of Banking and Finance, AIBF, is an Afghan owned institution dedicated to the strengthening of the financial sector in Afghanistan. The Board of Directors of the Institute is made up of Da Afghanistan Bank (DAB), the Afghanistan Banks Association (ABA), and the Microfinance Investment Support Facility for Afghanistan (MISFA). The Institute is also supported by the World Bank, FAIDA and Harakat. The Institute was inaugurated late in 2010 and is currently offering a range of training programs to commercial banks and Microfinance Institutions, MFIs). The Institute has both international and national trainers for commercial banking
AIBF is seeking experienced and enthusiastic candidates in order to develop courses, ranging from core banking and financial skills, to marketing, Islamic banking, more technical courses in IT in the banking sector, inclusive banking and excellence in management. The Institute enjoys the strong support of Da Afghanistan Bank, Harakat, the World Bank and the financial sector in Afghanistan and seeks to combine a high level of skills and excellence with creativity in finance and banking. There will be career opportunities available for individuals who work hard and are flexible.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Report to the Director of AIBF and work with him and with a designated senior official of the Microfinance Investment Support Facility of Afghanistan, MISFA in the development of a microfinance curriculum and its delivery.
2. The Microfinance Trainer, MT, would work with curriculum material that MISFA has already had prepared and with AIBF to put together a training program for Microfinance.
3. The MT would work with MISFA on a needs assessment for the microfinance sector. If needed, he/she would work with the Afghanistan Microfinance Association, AMA.
4. The MT would work with the Assistant Microfinance Trainer to train him in delivering the full range of courses developed with the support of MISFA. The MT will be responsible for evaluating the Assistant MT.
5. Deliver courses at the Institute, consistent with the Instituteâ€™s policies and practices.
6. Assist in the development and designing of the course training curriculum/modules for effective implementation of the training program. Help in preparing and organizing quiz tests for participants and help in assessing the performance of course participants.
7. Help prepare action plans for conducting training classes
8. Assist in preparing training materials and help conduct trainings
9. Assist in recruiting and training additional national trainers to deliver the microfinance curriculum.
10. Maintain good relations and working environment with the trainees, AIBF management, and other stakeholders
11. Assist Director and International staff and Director in relevant seminars, workshops and roundtables.
1. Bachelors degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance, Business or other relevant field
2. 2-3 years microfinance experience and 2-3 years training in microfinance
3. Experience of teaching microfinance operations in an educational institute is a plus
4. Working experience of computer software
The following qualifications are important: 1) Team player; 2) Excellent communication skills (written and oral); 3) Self motivated and innovative; 4) Strong interpersonal skills