|Date Posted:||Nov 10, 2021|
|Reference:||Loc-76-2021Musakhel, Loc-77-2021Nadirshakot, Loc-78-2021Rashidan|
|Closing Date:||Dec 16, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 23 Years|
|Contract Duration:||18 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Project Based|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
- Provide counselling of pregnant women on danger signs of pregnancy, mother nutrition, preparedness for delivery, pregnancy care services including ante-natal care (ANC, treatment of infection and other basic problems during pregnancy
- Perform Postnatal Care (PNC) and Neonatal Care (NNC) services to postpartum women and their newborn as well as advice to mothers on breastfeeding, mother nutrition, prevention of infection
- Provide mother and child nutrition counselling for lactating mothers including exclusive breast feeding for children 0-5 months and addition of supplementary food for children ages 5-24 months
- Offer family planning counselling and services to preconception women with specific focus on modern contraceptive methods Work in collaboration with the mobile team members to achieve CARE, and MoHP goal.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor,
Duties & Responsibilities:
KEY RESULT EXPECTED
- Pregnancy and delivery care.
- To provide skilled birth attendant services to the mothers who cannot attend the health facility, during her worktime
- Provide at least four time ANC services for each pregnant women during the whole period of pregnancy according to national guideline.
- Teach danger signs of pregnancy, delivery and postpartum women to each mother during pregnancy and post-partum phases
- Provide advices to pregnant women and mother in laws about delivery plan and giving birth at nearby health facility
- post-partum care
- Provide Postnatal Care (PNC) and Neonatal Care (NNC) services to mother and newborn at least four times after delivery
- Advice mothers on breast feeding and the importance of colostrum
- Advice mothers on newborn vaccination
- Provide counselling on personal hygiene for mother and the new born
- counselling for lactating mothers on
- advice to mothers on their own nutrition
- provision of counselling infant and young child feeding practices
- encouraging mothers to child vaccination
- Family Planning Counselling and Services
- Provide counselling on modern contraceptive methods
- Provision of the modern contraceptive health items available at MHT
- Referring of cases for other methods.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Able to listen well, accurately communicate ideas, and to work well in a team
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, with a range of individuals and groups
- Work enthusiastically and with patient
- Culturally flexibility and respect multi-cultural environment
4.2 Skills and Experience:
- Excellent skills of problem solving and decision making
- Strong communication skills
- Patient counselling and advice
- Willingness to work under COVID-19 situation, but will be having PPE and IPC measurement provided
- Technical skills to provide effective safe motherhood services
- Good team work spirit
- Willingness to learn new skills
4.3 Education and working experience
- Graduated from an accredited/recognized midwifery institute/program with at least two-year work experience in related field, previous BPHS experience is desirable.
4.4 Languages Skills:
Fluency in spoken and written Dari and Pashtu is a requirement. English language skills is a plus point.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Khost, Ghazni
- Please submit your completed CARE Standard Job application form (http://www.acbar.org/applicationform) along with updated CV to email@example.com before the closing date, applications without CARE Standard Job application form will be considered for shortlisting.
- Applications after closing date will not be accepted.
- Please Indicate the position title, Vacancy Number and Location of province that you apply for in the Subject Line (Midwife Loc-76-2021Musakhel, Loc-77-2021Nadirshakot, Loc-78-2021Rashidan) otherwise your application will not be considered.
- Only residence of Khost (Musakhel & Nadirshakot Districts) Ghazni (Rashidan District) can apply for this position.
- Please note that there is no telephonic inquiry and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with and call for Interview.
- The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Police check, Bridger check & Reference check and be compliant and sign up to Care Afghanistan’s Code of Conduct, PSHA (Prevention from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse) and other Care Afghanistan policies prior to a final offer being made.
- Qualified People with Physical Disabilities and Female candidate are highly encourage to apply.
- CARE IS COMMITTED TO CHILD PROTECTION POLICY (Available at: http://bit.ly/CAREAFG_Child_Protection_Policy)