|Date Posted:||Jul 18, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Aug 16, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||19|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
About Afghanistan Center for Training and Development - ACTD:
Afghanistan Center for Training and Development â€œACTDâ€ is a registered non for profit, non-political and non-governmental independent organization working for development and transformation of civil society in Afghanistan. ACTD was established in March 2007 by a group of Afghan professionals to offer research, training and consultancy services in order to develop practically applicable knowledge. ACTD is currently operating in 19 provinces of the country providing services in the fields of community and civil society development, training/capacity building, research, and health service delivery.
The midwives are needed to provide health care services through consultancies and help in delivery. The positions are vacant at Tale Ashoqan Sub center, PayZiarat Sub center,
Tiber CHC, Sozmaqala CHC, Kata Qala CHC, Lati BHC, Seydabad CHC, Qadamji BHC, Pasani CHC, Qarghitoo Sub center, JawakSub center, Sofak Sub center, Qarikhawal Sub center,
Ganda BHC, Sha Tot Sub center, Adring CHC, Syad CHC and Tarkhuck DH.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. To conduct basic EmOC care at the clinic
2. To provide antenatal , natal , postnatal and family planning services at the health facility
3. To dispose all sharp and glass waste in a safe manner according to the guidelines
4. Provide health education to Health facility client especially for pregnant women over a number of topics including vaccination, preparation for delivery, breastfeeding, infant care, contraception and etc
5. To conduct IMC community health education sessions
6. Refer problematic cases to the medical doctor or hospital.
7. Attend training and workshops organized by ACTD even if it is outside of the normal working hours.
8. Help male doctor with doing gynecologic examination where there is no female doctor in the clinic as requested.
9. Maintain a good level of hygiene in the clinic.
10. Participate in female Health Committee Meeting
11. Develop good understanding of BPHS strategy and PPA objectives and help other staff aware about the same
12. Respect all rules and regulations pertaining to staff.
13. To perform any other tasks requested by the clinic in-charge in the favor of the health facility
1. Midwifery certificate a recognized institute
2. Good communication skill (reading and writing) in Dari and Pashto.
3. Minimum 2 years midwifery, PHC and MCH experience
4. Self motivated and good team work spirit
5. Willingness to learn new skills