|Date Posted:||May 14, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 25, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
Afghan Family Guidance Association (AFGA) is an Afghan non-governmental, not-for-profit and non-political organization established in 1968. AFGA has been working in the field of Reproductive health and Rights since its inception and is full and accredited member of International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) in South Asia Region.
AFGA aims to improve Afghan family’s health status through provision of comprehensive Reproductive Health Services (RHS) and Basic Health Services especially to poor and marginalized people through its 9 clinics in four major provinces of Afghanistan i.e. Kabul, Herat, Balkh and Nangarhar. There is also an outreach program where councilors and midwives visit people in their own communities and advocate for family planning and other RHS.
Other than the above number of clinics, the Youth helpline 120 provides immediate and reliable information and counseling services on adolescent reproductive health and general health issues considering privacy and confidentiality. There are also helplines for midwifes and calls are supported from across the country. The organization also works in support of people in disaster situations
The Midwife is responsible to assist female medical doctor in provision of quality SHR services – including care and support to FBV survivors according to approved standards and guidelines.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist medical doctor in provision of SRH services including insertion of IUD.
- Provision of quality SRH, care and support to survivors of FBV in the absence of female medical doctor based on technical capability that is agreed by head of the center.
- Involve screening of FBV survivors among clients and provide necessary guidance to them.
- Perform injection and infusions and dressing if required in the center.
- Distribute contraceptives and prescribed medicines and provide necessary consumption advice to clients and patients.
- Prepare medical supply and contraceptives balance report on monthly basis.
- Keep all equipment clean and in good working order.
- Sterilize medical equipment and supplies used for gynecological examinations on regular basis.
- Prepare monthly activity report of related activities and submit to head of the center.
- Participate training programs and staff meeting regularly.
- Perform any other required project related tasks assigned by Head of the center.
- To be graduated from Community Midwifery Education (CME), Bachelor in Midwifery is preferred.
- At least have 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Fluency of local language and Basic knowledge of English language.
- Good communication skills and ability to interact successfully with staff and clients.